There Goes My Life

Start from the beginning

"He started it! He basically baptized me like Simba with paint!" I yell.

"You were the one with all your smirking then put paint in my hair." Lucas tries to reach over the couch but drops paint on my dads jeans. Lucas immediately stops and stands with fear.

"Oh this is war." My dad runs away and comes back with a handful of paint.

Lucas screams and runs away which makes me crack up. "Get him!" Next thing I know my dad comes back literally carrying Lucas bridal style as he pretends to be dying. A giant splash of paint dripping off his shirt.

"Come here my love." He says weakly.

"I'm here babe." I try to contain my laughter and keep a serious face.

"I'll be okay. You go on and find someone else. I'll be waiting for you."

"I could never do that-" Half way through my sentence he slaps a handful of paint on my head which causes me to gasp loudly.

"GO GO GO!!!" Lucas yells. They both run into the backyard but my dad slips on some dripping paint and fall into the pool. I walk over to them laughing.

"Karma's a bitch isn't she?"

"Shut up." Lucas pouts. I walk over and give him my hand to help him out of the pool but when he grips my hand he pulls me until I fall in as well.

"You guys are the worst!"

Dad looks over at me as he wipes off some paint "At least we're washing the paint off."

"Fair." I sigh and begin to use the pool water to wash off the paint.

•            •           •

Lucas and I both sit against the wall in the nursery have making little to no progress on actually finishing it. I hold on to the most recent ultrasound picture and smile.

"Are you scared? I mean, I was so sure of keeping this baby but now that he's gonna be here soon, it's-it's really scary." I ask Lucas.

"You're just now scared? I've been scared since the day you told me. Every day I'm terrified that I'm going to be a horrible father."

"Do you know why I didn't tell you to fuck off when you came up to me?"

"I mean, I assume most people don't tell someone to fuck off before even talking them once honestly."

"You didn't know who I was. You were new. You saw all the other shit people were doing to me and all the ugly crap but you-you refused to believe that. You saw the best in me. You didn't judge me even though I had defiled myself with sharpie. You took a risk and I found that to be brave in itself. Plus you have really good hair."

"What's your point?"

"How could you ever be a bad father? You saw beauty in the ugly. You ignored hate and just cared that I was loved. I did so much messed up shit and yet, you stood there. For fuck sake, you had the balls to even marry me. I've known you for what? A year? Yet you have never once stopped loving me or supporting me. You stayed. Staying is admirable. Someone who loves, supports, stays...how could that ever be bad?"

Lucas smiles and gives me a kiss on the forehead. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Hey, can you get me some Tylenol? My back is absolutely killing me."

"Sure." Lucas gets up and hands me a couple of pills.

"Thanks. My back has been absolutely killing me all day, especially after that paint war."

"I was going to save this for our anniversary but I wanted to give it to you now." Lucas walks away and brings back a small box.

"Just so you know this is just one of your gifts. This one is kinda lame but it made me think of us."

I take the small box and open it to find a keychain with a picture of the two of us when we got married. There's also a Spotify code at the bottom of it. "Oh you're so cheesy."

"Scan it!"

I roll my eyes and scan the code which pulls up "Your Song" by Elton John. "Our wedding song."

"Yeah...I thought you know, you could keep it on you and if you ever miss me when I'm not there, you can scan it and listen."

"Bold of you to assume I miss you when we aren't together."

"I know it's lame but I tried."

"No, it's amazing. I'm just giving you a hard time. Thank you." I slowly stand up and I swear it's an entire workout. When I'm on the floor and try to stand up I feel like turtle stuck on its back. I reach out my hand and Lucas stands up as well. I take my phone and press play. "Your Song" plays in the room. Lucas smiles and takes my hand. He slowly spins me around as we dance together. Towards the end of the song I just rest my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." I gush.

"I love you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. I just have a question."

"What is it?"

"Did you just pee on my feet?"

"What?" I immediately back away and look down.  A clear fluid is trickling down my legs.

"Are you okay?"

I stay silent as I watch it slowly flow down. "I think...I think my water just broke."

"What?"

"My water broke. I'm in labor." I look up at him and the both of us are just in complete shock with having no idea what to do. We read the books, went to classes, but it all went out our brains I swear to god.

-----------------
Authors note:
Cliff hanger ooooooo

Got any fun predictions for next chapter?

Song: There Goes my Life- Kenny Chesney