A first date where you just get stared at while eating, awesome.

You look at the menu, you've never heard of any of the things on it, and everything is expensive. This just keeps getting better. Panic sets in as you see the waitress come over and it must be all over your face. "Relax." Comes the familiar voice across the table.

"Can I get you something to drink?" The waitress asks, clearly nervous.

Much to your relief Mando speaks up first "She will have your best wine and whatever meal you recommend. Nothing for me."

She just nods and backs away.

"Thank you." You say shyly, he just nods. You sit for a minute in somewhat awkward silence. "So, do you do this often?"
"Do what?"
"Restaurants."
"I've been in a restaurant, yes."
"I mean, with women."
He's quiet for a minute, and you wonder if that was rude.
"Never." He says casually, and you're left in silence again. Oh. You could kiss the waitress when she comes with your meal and gives you something to do.

You grab the glass wine and gratefully take a long drink, then take a small bite of the whatever kind of fish dish in front of you.

"How is it?" He asks, leaning forward towards you.
"Mmmm it's really good."
"Good."

He just watches you intently as you take a few more bites, stopping to savour each and then take another drink of the incredible wine.
"This wine is really good, thank you." You say, trying to thin the tension in the air. "You should try some." He wordlessly taps his helmet in response. Right. You are beginning to think this whole date was just some weird kink he has when he finally speaks.

"Tell me about your life on Tatooine."

Maybe silence was better?

You bite your lip. "Not much of one I am afraid, since I was young I sort of just bounced around - taking on work from anyone who would shelter and feed me. Working for Peli was ok, learnt the trade, and she was as better to me than most. A mat on a shop floor doesn't seem like much but any walls are heaven to a woman alone on Tatooine."

"What about your parents?"

"They were wonderful, uh, but they, uh...died...when I was a girl."

"I'm sorry." He says, placing his hand over yours.

A long beat, and he takes a long deep breath.

"My parents... I was also a foundling. Just a boy when The Mandalorians took me in."

It's so honest, so vulnerable it takes you by surprise. You clear your throat to remove the lump, giving him a sweet smile. Knowing better than to try to dig you move on.

"Do you like being a bounty hunter?"
"Pays well."
"Noble", you tease.
"Plus I get to meet pretty girls"
"Oh? Girls? Plural?" You arch an eyebrow at him, hiding your smile behind your wine glass as you empty it.

"Just eat." He jokes back, leaning back in his chair, intently watching you finish your meal.

You finish the last few bites just as the waitress comes to ask about desert. "Oh, I don't think that's—"
"Something with chocolate." He interrupts.
She nods and scurries off.

"You should indulge on the delicious tastes, this is a...date, after all." He gestures mockingly around the room.

"You aren't." You reply in your best brat voice.

His tone shifts deeper, darker "I fully intend to."

Your cheeks glow red at the images that flood you mind - only to be interrupted by the delivery of the most beautiful looking cake. Chocolate, with some sort of purple fruit on top.
You thank the waitress and giddily pick up your fork - it's been years since you've had a desert, not exactly easy to come by in the gritty side of Mos Eisley. You take a bite, it's like heaven. You close your eyes and tip you head back, "mmmmm, maker, Mando it's so good!" You take another bite, savouring the way it melts perfectly as you slowly slide the fork out of your mouth. Every bite is like heaven, when you finish the last bite you swipe up the last of the icing from the plate with and gently suck it off your finger. Savouring the last of the sweetness you start to understand why people say chocolate is better than sex. That is, until you lock eyes with the small slit in the visor across from you.
The air suddenly is so thick it catches in your throat.

"Let's go."

The sharp commands immediately pulls everything in your core down hard and you can only nod in response. You feel a small pang of guilt at the ridiculous amount of credits he tosses on the table before pulling you up from your seat - it's drowned out by how hard you feel him against your stomach.

The short block walk back to the Crest feels like an eternity as you try to keep yourself from bolting out of excitement, his palm firmly on the small of your back the only thing keeping you grounded...