Narnia

As you were brought back to reality, the first noise you heard was the harmonious sound of waves gently crashing on the shores.

Wow. You must've hit your head pretty hard when you fell.

You stir slightly, moving your arm and realising that you were laying on.. sand?

You force your eyes open, flinching when you realise how bright it was. The sun was larger and more radiant than ever.

You gradually prop yourself up, noticing four sets of footprints leading from a cave and out onto the beach you were resting on.

That was when you heard the happy squeals of children splashing around in the waves.

You could imagine that the sea wouldn't be as freezing as the beaches you've been to because of the fine weather around you.

"Peter!" You hear one yell playfully before stuttering a little, "Wha- Wait, I think she's awake."

You whip your head around and watch as the four kids slowly calm down and rush over to where you're sitting in the sand.

As they positioned themselves around you, you couldn't help but noticed how worried they all looked.

It felt nice to be cared about.

"Hey." The oldest girl says calmly, "Are you alright?"

You could feel everyone's eyes glued to you, it made you feel dizzy all over again. The four held their glare, clearly expecting a response.

You couldn't bare to speak just yet, instead you shook your head vigorously, probably looking insane in the process.

"Well, actually, I'm fine.. like physically but.. what is this place? Why are we here? I- I thought we were supposed..."

You trail off, knowing that no matter how many questions you asked, they weren't going to be able to answer them all at once.

Surprisingly, the four had smiles on their faces, they weren't at all unnerved by the sudden transition. They shared a look before one of the boys spoke to you. The elder blonde one.

"Alright.. you're alright. What's your name?" He asks.

You answer honestly without making eye contact, feeling a little sheepish all of a sudden.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Y/n." The blonde boy says, holding out his hand for you to shake.

You thought for a moment before taking his hand and grasping it.

He gave you a welcoming smile as you got to your feet.

"I'm Peter." He says, "This is Susan, Edmund and Lucy."

The youngest, Lucy, gave you an excited wave making you smile a little. Edmund gave you a knowing grin and Susan smiled politely.

"Oh.. and this place.." Peter took a step back, throwing his arms out to display the place that the five of you were stood in, "This.. is Narnia."

You took in the drama of being a in a new place, knowing that if you opened your mouth to ask anything, a whole stream of questions would flow out.

"Actually.. Pete.. I don't remember there being ruins in Narnia." Edmund says, ruffling his hair as he stared out at a hilltop.