cariad

"your are my king now, cariad" his low voice carries all the intimacy of a caress, and his eyes are melted gold.
A small smile plays around Sel's lips when I turn to look away.
Cariad. I don't know what it means but the way he said it made me nervous and overwhelmed.
"What does it mean?" I ask, side eyeing him. He leans on the railing, tenses for some reason.
"What?"
"Cariad. What does that word means?" I repeat and he doesn't answer, just looks away.
"Sel?"
"Selwyn??" I wave my hand in front of his face, trying to get a reaction from him but he just turns away.
"What is wrong with you?"
"Nothing"
"So you're not gonna tell me what it means? I'll google it then"
"No!" He turns to me, a bit too quickly.
"Then tell me yourself"
"Bree" he groans and swipes a hand on his face in frustration.
"It...it means"
"What?"
"Idiot" he sighs. "It means idiot"
"Are you serious?"
"Dead serious"
"Well that was just rude. You call me your king and an idiot too?" I scoff and shake me head.
"I mean, yeah" he chuckles lightly and looks relived. I don't know why.
"Fine, cariad" i rolled my eyes, letting out a small giggle.
When I looked at him again he didn't looked tensed anymore.
More like...like flustered.
A light pink shade crept across his cheeks and he looked down at his hand which gripped the railing a bit too tightly.
"Are you alright?" I asked, concerned.
"Of course"
"Are you Sure?"
"Mhmm" he hummed but i was still not convinced.
Does cariad really means idiot ?