Chapter 12

You sigh heavily at the reminder that you're out of time. "This will all be over soon doll and then we'll have all the time in the world," Bucky murmurs softly, one hand gently cupping your head as he brings his forehead down to rest against yours, his fingers combing through your hair as his other hand runs soothing streaks across your rib cage. "Is it selfish to say that I can't wait for that to be our reality?" you ask as you stare deeply into those ocean blue eyes that you could happily drown within. "If so, then I'm selfish too because that's all I want," he replies as he leans to brush his lips against yours. The kiss starts off innocently enough but quickly evolves into something more heated as you open your mouth to him, clutching him closer as he takes his time tasting and exploring you. Your hands snake beneath the fabric of his dark t-shirt, relishing in the silky texture of the skin that covers his taunt abs and you feel a spark of need ignite when he groans softly into your mouth. That spark quickly vanishes however when an all too familiar and unwelcome voice pipes in, "I hope we're not interrupting something." The two of you break apart as you spin to face John and Lamar who have somehow managed to enter your safe house unnoticed, the former looking at you with a cold gleam in his eyes and an unpleasant scowl painted across his face. His gaze flicks down to your waist where Bucky's metal hand is resting and his expression becomes a mask of pure hostility. "Why are you here? What do you want?" you ask as you back further into Bucky's body, unconsciously seeking shelter from the deranged man before you. You can feel the beginnings of Bucky's rage radiating from him as he recognizes your distress.

"We're just here for Zemo," Lamar says calmly as he steps between you and John, his eyes briefly meeting with those of his partner as if to try and reestablish their purpose for being there. "We've already been over this," Sam speaks up as he suddenly enters the room and takes a stand beside you, "he'll be returned to prison once this mission is completed. We need him until then." John shakes his head as he takes a calculated step closer, angling his body away from Sam and closer to you, "No can do. You clearly aren't making any headway with the Flag Smashers and the government wants him now." You look to Lamar for confirmation of his words and he nods before starting to share whatever information he has as Bucky leans forward to whisper into your ear, "go find Zemo and get out of here. We'll meet up with you once we ditch these two." You nod subtly and take a few steps away from him before John grabs ahold of you and harshly pulls you to him. "Now where do you think you're going sweetheart?" he smirks, a look that is quickly wiped from his face as you rear back and slap him as hard as you can. The force of the impact must daze him slightly because his grip loosens enough that you can yank yourself free of him as you stumble back into Bucky who pushes you roughly behind him and into Sam who steadies you.

"You don't get to fucking touch her," Bucky roars in such anger that his voice is almost an unintelligible snarl. "As a matter of fact, you go near her again and I'll fucking remove your hands from your body." John's eyes hold a glint of madness within them as his gaze falls back to you. "What do you see in this monster?" he laughs coldly, completely disregarding Bucky. "Does he have something on you? Is that why you're with him? Just come with us and we will protect you. I will keep you safe and satisfied." You shiver at his words and you briefly flick your gaze to Lamar who looks equally disturbed at the scene that is unfolding. "You're insane," you say in a surprisingly level voice and watch as his face contorts in rage. He takes a step forward and is met by the solid wall that is Bucky. "I'm not going to tell you again to back the fuck off," he growls as John's attention turns back to him. "Do you want to fight? Okay then, let's fight. I'll even put this down to make things fair," John sneers as he drops the shield. No sooner does the shield touch the ground than the loud crashes if shattering glass and slamming doors fills the room and half a dozen Dora Milajne appear. "Fuck, we're out of time," you gasp as you dodge around Sam and towards the back of the house where Zemo has been laying in wait. The Baron lifts a gun at you before quickly lowering it again when he realizes who has entered the room, "apologies," he mumbles before you cut him off. "No time for that. The Dora Milajne are here for you and you need to go now. Get out and lay low, we'll find you when the coast is clear."