[032] ━━ jungwon realizes his feelings for yuri

real life

JUNGWON likes to think he's a smart person

JUNGWON likes to think he's a smart person. He excels at school — he has the top marks in most of his classes! Another reason for him to believe he's smart; he is the leader of ENHYPEN after all, so he has to make some tough decisions that he thinks out with logic. His mother has also told Jungwon that's he's the smartest boy she knows, so yeah, Yang Jungwon's pretty sure he's smart — until girls and feelings come into the picture and then Jungwon decides that he is, in fact, not smart.

Girls are hard to figure out. They may say one thing, but they're thinking the other. Like, for example, when they say, 'I'm fine,' they're apparently not fine and hope someone will pick up on that fact and comfort them even if they pull away. Jungwon has his work cut out for him, especially if he wants to get anywhere with Choi Yuri. She's the most difficult and hard-to-figure-out girl of all time. One moment, Jungwon thinks he has Yuri figured out, and the next she's back to the engima she will forever be.

So, partnering up with Choi Yuri at the beginning of the year, Jungwon didn't expect much out of the assessment. Sure, he's observed Yuri during all the classes they share and maybe he has a slight school-boy crush on the girl — why wouldn't he? She's loud, bubbly, definitely very smart and can counter anyone's words with quick wit and logic. She's also pretty, Jungwon doesn't think he's seen anyone as prettier as Choi Yuri. The Gods really took their time with her.

Starting up a friendship with Yuri was harder than Jungwon expected. Her expectations for him went beneath the Earth's surface. Jungwon realized it was going to take a while to gain Yuri's trust, but I guess Yuri not knowing he was a K-Pop idol really worked favors for him. . In a way. Without realizing it, Jungwon ended up always making time for Yuri. In a way, he had grown addicted to Yuri and at first thought, it didn't terrify him. I mean, why would it? It's just a small and very stupid school-boy crush on a girl that was far out of reach.

The turning point was all those promises Jungwon made with the intention of keeping them. He wanted to keep them. He wanted to feel Yuri's eyes on him and her warm smile pointed in his direction, because then, his heart would flop and the stupid yellow and blue butterflies would appear. Blue and Yellow. Yellow for Yuri's smile, blue for her laugh. But even if Jungwon did everything in his power to keep those promises, there was a lurking thought in the back of his mind that he would never be able to keep the biggest one of them all; not letting down Yuri, especially during this assessment where she desperately worked for a high grade. Jungwon was going to be damned if he didn't give Yuri the highest grade in the class. Yuri's worth it.

But of course, the lurking though of letting Yuri down grew and eventually, it won the battle admidst Jungwon's head. He remembers the day clearly: they had a free schedule — until they didn't. A stupid radio interview had to be moved a day forward because of something that the radio had already planned to do on the day the interview was scheduled. Terror filled Jungwon's body and for once, he tried to fight it, ask for a reschedule because he had an important assessment at school. Their managers assured Jungwon he'll be able to do the assessment whenever he returns back to school, but no one seemed to understand Jungwon's need to get to school. But, hope appeared when the staff told Jungwon he'll be able to go to school at lunch — until he wasn't. Jungwon's never felt angrier. He had a fight with his manager, begging to be let out. But, in the end, the fucking adults won over an education — and a girl he couldn't let down — and Jungwon's never felt more useless.