"Excuse me, I have to use the restroom," I say abruptly before anyone got the chance to speak throwing my napkin down, and making my way out of the restaurant. I needed some air. I grab a cigarette from my purse and then curse when I see I don't have a lighter.

"This is literally the worst day ever," I say slouching down against the wall.

"Here let me." I hear someone say. My eyes trail to black shoes, black slacks, and finally a black button-down shirt.

Well someone is dressed for a funeral. Is it mine?

My eyes finally meet with an older man who is fairly handsome. I smile at him before standing.

"Thanks," I say.

"No problem

"No problem." He responds lighting his lighter. I pull the stick inhaling the toxins.

"Pretty girls smoke?" He asks me.

"Pretty girls do whatever the fuck they want," I tell him stiffly before taking another drag. I lean my head against the cement wall looking at the cars that pass by.

"Wanna tell me your name?" He asks. I look at him cautiously before responding.

"Not really." He releases a chuckle.

"That's fair." He responds.

"Mine is Griffin." He states. I shrug my shoulders.

"Look, I've been having a shitty day. I appreciate you lighting my cigarette, but I'd like to be left alone." I state before stomping my cigarette out. Right as I did that I hear my name being called.

"Shit," I say under my breath. I walk back toward the entrance and I am greeted by my father.

"Oh goodness, Giselle! I thought you left." He says embracing me in a hug. I stand there stiffly.

"No, I just needed some air. Did you have to bring her?" I ask. If you're looking to repair a relationship with your missing daughter after thirteen years, you most definitely do not start with your supposed wife. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"She was eager to meet you. I can ask her to leave." He says.

"No, that won't be necessary," I say.

"Look Giselle, I have no idea where to start, but I want to start somewhere. We're both walking into this thing blindly. Maybe we'll help each other out in the long run. So what do you say?" He says with hope dancing in her eyes.