"Giselle, I'm off to work. I've texted you where he wants to meet. Are you sure you don't want me to come?!" I hear her yell.

"I'll be fine!" I yell back rolling my eyes and burying my head deeper into the pillow. The comforter was over me shielding me from this cruel reality of the love of my life rejecting me. He didn't even know I had feelings for him. If I did say those things, he'll just take it as me being drunk. I should've told him the truth in the car. I should've said it wasn't the alcohol talking.

My phone rings making me groan in agony. I feel around the bed to grab it. I swipe my finger across the screen to answer it.

"Giselle, where are you?!" I hear Adriana's voice sound.

"I'm at home," I say toneless.

"Oh thank goodness. How are you? Pretty hungover I bet." I hear the amusement in her voice making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah," I say curtly.

"What's wrong?" She asks. I hang up the phone not feeling the need to explain myself to her. I'll talk with her later. I have too much on my mind. I toss to the other side thinking what can I possibly do? So far everything has been handed to me. Every opportunity that has presented itself has been my golden ticket. Now, I feel like I'm being left out to dry. My eyes began to water again. I'm not feeling sad instead I'm feeling nothing but anger.

How dare he?!

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

How dare he?!

My phone rings again this time I pick it up and chuck it at the wall.

"Ugh!" I loudly scream, but it was doing me no justice for feeling better. My eyes drew heavy, and before I knew it I slipped into a world of slumber.

——————————————

I sat in front of what I now know as my father. Not only was I sitting across from him, but I was sitting across from his wife Stacy. I pushed the rigatoni noodles around as we awkwardly ate lunch.

"Do you have any plans for the fall?" She asks me with a stupid smile on her face. Why is she so happy?

I cleared my throat. "Yeah, I'm attending the University of Virginia," I say. She widens her eyes while nodding her head. She takes a sip of her martini, and I could tell she was about to speak again.

"Calvin says you love gummy bears, but only the pineapple ones." She says while laughing lightly. I look away in embarrassment.

"Please, that was years ago. I had to have been f—" I stop myself from replying rudely. For a second I forgot he only knew me as a five-year-old. It kind of made my heart warm as he remembered that about me. I don't have much memory of being a kid. I couldn't even remember my own father for goodness' sake.