Chapter 8

Clarke's POV

"What did you just say?!" Raven demands. I turn my eyes up to her and repeat what I said just seconds before.

"Grounders. The grounders got him." Hot, wet tears slide down my face. I stand up and grab his bag, slinging it over my shoulder. I walk to the hatch and open it up, climb out and start walking. I hear Raven and Bellamy yelling my name but I don't stop, I have to save him.

"Clarke, wait! Where are you going!?" Bellamy shouts from behind me.

"I'm going back to camp. I need to talk to the commander again, I need to save him, Bellamy. He made a mistake and I need to fix it!" I yell at Bellamy, suddenly I lower myself to the ground and sobs wrack my body. "Bellamy, I have promised so many people so many things and one of those promises was that Finn will notdie. What if I can't do that?" Bellamy leans down and helps me up, wiping the tears on my face away with his thumb. He gives me a small smile and we start to walk again.

I'm exhausted, physically and emotionally, by the time I see the 'Camp Jaha' sign. I put Finn's stuff in my tent and start to walk to Grounder camp. I pass my mother working in medical and she stops me.

"Clarke, where have you been? I have been worried sick about you! You need to tell me if you're leaving so I'm not so worri-" I cut her off by starting to walk away but she grabs my arm.

"Mom, let go of me." I say softly. She keeps her grip firm. "Mom, let go of me." I raise my voice a little bit.

"Clarke, tell me what is going on with you and the other kids." I cringe at the last word,

"Kids? You think that we're kids! Mother I am trying to save someone's life and you need to let go of me! I'm not the same daughter that lived on the Ark with you, I've changed and obviously you don't know me anymore." I yell, prying my arm free and walking toward the gate to camp. I nod to the guard and he opens it, I straighten my posture before walking straight up to Grounder Camp.

"I need to speak with Commander Lexa, now."

Hey y'all I am really happy that I'm at almost 900 reads! Thank you all so much, it means the world to me! And thank you for checking out my other story too! I love y'all so much and you know the drill, comment/like/follow <3