𝗔 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲, 𝗜 𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗮𝗿

"See? Told you so, readers!" Ayumu exclaimed with a bright smile.

A distance away, Aether and Paimon watched the young man with wary expression as he laughed like a madman, a flowery aura around him.

"Who is he talking to?" Paimon questioned.

"I don't think anyone is there..." Aether whispered back and Paimon shook her head.

"I think he might've eaten another Specter for a dare." she sighed and hid behind Aether when Ayumu looked back at them, "Oh! About time you two got here!"

Ayumu had asked to speak to the duo in private about something. At the time, it seemed really serious but now Aether wasn't so sure.

"Please don't tell me it's about how Hypnotised by Coldplay is your favorite song and the readers should listen to it since some strange truck creature took the time to find the song and attach it to the top of the chapter." Aether grumbled as he joined Ayumu where he stood near a very promising looking exquisite chest.

"Eh? Nah, that's not it." Ayumu looked a little offended, "It's actually something quite important. You see, a couple of days ago, some strange dude approached me. He said he was with our mystery sponsors and offered me this weird little thing."

"Huh? A strange dude?" Paimon wondered aloud.

Ayumu nodded, "Yeah, something about him didn't seem right. So of course I took what he offered! He said it was supposed to give me ultimate power or some 💩."

"Ayumu, did anyone ever teach you not to take things from strangers?" Aether questioned.

"Oh yeah, I just never listened for very obvious reasons." Ayumu shrugged, "Anyways, I wanted to show the thing to you! Something about it didn't seem right and something told me me you'd have an idea of what it is or what it's for."

Ayumu offered the object to Aether and the blond immediately recognized that cursed symbol on it.

"Wait, is that...?" Paimon stared at it with wide eyes.

"It's a delusion!" Aether gasped then looked towards Ayumu, "Did you use it?"

"No, I have a vision." he replied simply.

"...you do?"

"Mhm, Suzu takes it before I go to bed." Ayumu explained then, for the first time, he actually looked a little embarrassed, "I used to use it for warmth but I'd unintentionally set things ablaze."

"In your sleep?!" Paimon cried.

"In my sleep." Ayumu confirmed, "So... what exactly is a delusion?"

Ah yes, he didn't know.

Aether carefully explained what exactly a delusion was and Ayumu seemed to understand. How the Fatui used it to harness elemental power at the expense of something, often their physical health.

"We should go show this thing to Kokomi. Better sooner than later, right?" Ayumu suggested, "If there really is some sort of backlash and others received one of these, we might wanna tell her."

So, the trio headed on over to Kokomi's place and found Gorou there along with her.

Mm... Aether had a bad feeling about today.

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

Y/n knew a spy when she saw one.

She just didn't know how to approach the situation.

Nathan had been seeming kinda sus recently. Y/n was aware of how he would sometimes sneak away when the night was darker than usual and the storm raged louder.

If y/n had to guess... he was working with the Fatui.

She wouldn't directly ask him. She didn't need to.

He'd already caught on to her suspicion towards him.

Gorou had gone to Watatsumi for something serious so y/n was left in charge of Fort Fujitou in the meantime alongside Beidou and Kazuha.

Nathan had approached her after the General left, seemingly frantic as he reported a group of the Shogun's Soldiers near Higi Village.

So, y/n went to check it out with him and was fully aware of what she was walking in to.

But damn.

'There's an awful lot...' y/n thought, biting the inside of her cheek as she warily kept her eyes on the three Fatui Skirmishers in front of her, 'There's two others behind me. Five hiding over near that house and probably another three or four waiting at my only escape routes.'

She was really hoping her suspicions were wrong.

"So you really were against us the entire time." y/n said aloud, eyes landing on Nathan who showed no remorse whatsoever, "You were never truly our ally."

"Nope!" the damned weasel looked proud of himself too, "My task was to infiltrate and sabotage the Resistance and as you can see, things are going quite well."

Y/n blinked once, "No, I really don't see."

Nathan heaved a sigh, crossing his arms, "This woman... fine!"

The spy then proceeded to tell y/n everything like the actual fool he is.

"M'kay, that's a lot but I've got it." y/n said with a nod.

Nathan cleared his throat, "Okay, anyways, you got any last words."

"Oh yeah. You might wanna move." y/n advised, "All of you."

Not even a second later, two random vortexes popped up and clapped 7 out of 13 skirmishers who'd surrounded y/n. Not even a second later, the last 6 were hit by lightning.

The simp proceeded to step to the side, avoiding being struck by the last bolt of lightning.

Haiyang and Baal were still at it and a lot of random vortexes + lightning bolts had been popping up recently. Thankfully, y/n was able to identify the signs of one approaching.

"Wha- how-" Nathan looked at his fallen comrades. in shock then back towards y/n who was no longer there, "That ♀🐶-!!!"

Before he could finish, y/n whacked him on the back of the head with a brick.

He flopped to the ground and y/n cringed away from him, "Eugh... that didn't sound pleasant."

She then proceeded to grab him by the foot and begin dragging him back to camp.

"I really hate spies."