"Thought you guys had gotten lost" he took a seat on the opposite wall. 

Ella smiled weakly as jay nodded and continued picking at the moss on the bricks.

"You remember raferty don't you?" She changed the topic. 

Both boys looked up at her blankly and nodded, oh the terrible memories.

"His ass got suspended for misconduct" Ella smiled smugly.

Both men laughed and shook their heads, it's what he deserved for treating people unfairly...

"It's about time someone corrected him" jay huffed. Mouse nodded, all three of them got in trouble with that man, it's no shock that he got suspended.

"We better get back to the case" jay huffed and stood up, feeling a little better thanks to Ella.

-

"Hey, uh... where's jay?" Mouse threw his jacket on as Ella wandered into the locker room.

"Voight sent him home an hour ago, I think the kids death affected him more he'll admit" Ella sighed.

Mouse frowned, cases including kids affect jay a lot, everyone knows that.

"Was he alright when he left?" He opened up his locker. Ella shook her head and began changing her shirt, mouse has seen her in little to nothing a million times before, usually covered in blood, so he wasn't phased one bit.

"Not really, he blanked me on the way out" she smiled sadly.

Mouse rubbed the back of his neck, oh boy.

"Well I'm heading outta town in like 4 hours, my dads retirement do's tomorrow night so I gotta fly out to Nebraska. I'll try stop by his place before I head to the airport, but if he's ignoring you then he'll definitely ignore me" he threw his bag over his shoulder. Ella smiled softly and nodded.

"Probably... I have the 79th battalions dinner tonight like I said earlier, but I only plan on showing my face then leaving, so I'll head to his place afterwards" she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Yeah that's a good idea, well have fun sitting around those snobs" mouse nudged her arm as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"I'm sure I won't, and tell your parents I said hey. Oh, and let me know when you get to Nebraska so I know you're not dead" she poked her head out from around the locker, mouse smiled.

"I will, I'll see you later" he laughed and waved. She smiled and shook her head in amusement.

She sighed heavily and packed her backs up before heading out of the district and driving home, to get ready for this stupid dinner.

-

At around 7:05pm, Ella found herself stood at the bar in a fancy conference room which was full of round tables decorated with American flags and crystal ornaments.

Just being in this room full of the people she once knew, and shared so many memories with, brings back many unwanted feelings. She's only glad her dad isn't here right now.

~

"You're not in the 75th anymore ella, now get your shit together" Michael threw his boots across the room as his daughter followed him through the barracks.

"Yeah, I kinda figured that out already. But I'm getting sick of you ignoring me in briefing just because we share the same last name. I earned my place on this squad, even if I didn't choose to be here..." Ella began to protest.

"Then act like it!" Michael yelled which cut her off. 

Ella stood up straighter, not liking this version of her dad, and dropped all expression from her face.