✧*̥˚ 10 *̥˚✧

Start from the beginning

They moved again. Lisa did elegant and precise movements backwards, pulling Jennie along who tried to bring her skates on the ice like all the other people did. She was concentrating hard on her legs.

"Jen?"

"Hm?"

"Would you like to come over for dinner tomorrow? Both of you?"

Jennie looked up at Lisa again and lost her balance in the same moment. Just like in her fantasy from before, Jennie stumbled forward unable to catch herself because the ice was slippery and she crashed into Lisa's arms who managed to hold her enough not to land both of them on the ground.

"Wow, wow, are you ok?" Lisa asked, stabilizing Jennie where she could. The Korean's knees were still wobbling and she clung herself to the taller woman. "Yeah... sorry, just... I lost my balance."

Jennie stood upright on her skates again but her and Lisa were a lot closer than before. The urge to be in Lisa's arms, to touch her... to kiss her even, overcame Jennie like a full on force. The attraction she felt towards the Thai woman came crashing down over her like a tsunami wave and Jennie had a hard time controlling her instincts. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't.

She wasn't a teenager anymore who kissed people just because she wanted to. There were repercussions now.

"Uhm... you were... asking about dinner?" Jennie tried to bounce back quickly. "You told me you don't cook."

Lisa laughed a little. "True. But I order. I'm a master in ordering food."

"Interesting." Jennie felt reassured when they got back to their silly bantering.

"Yeah, I mean, I was over at your place so much now, I want to return the favour. The cats already love Ella."

They were still very close. Lisa's arm around Jennie's waist and Jennie gripped onto the Thai's long forearms so she wouldn't fall again.

"Oh, does that mean I get to meet the cats too?" Jennie made no move to get out of the hold Lisa had her in. It made her heart beat stronger and her insides tingle warmly.

"Of course." Lisa smiled and did not try to distance herself from Jennie either. "I could order from the Italian place you liked. Where I got the soup from."

"Funghi Pizza for Ella and anything with shrimp for me please." Jennie winked, meeting Lisa's big eyes. She felt like she was sixteen again, everytime she looked into Lisa's eyes. That was probably the last time she had a serious crush on anybody. On Ella's father to be exact. Until he turned out to be a scared little asshole who wouldn't take responsibility for his actions.

"Done." Lisa grinned right back. "Tomorrow at seven?"

"That's perfect." Jennie smiled back softly. She chanced another glance at Lisa's mouth. Just because she was so close. She knew that Lisa noticed and the hand on her waist tightened a little. There was tension between them. A subtle and soft tension. And this time, Jennie wasn't so quick to dismiss it as friendly affection anymore.

Could Rosie and Jisoo be right? Could Lisa actually like her too? Or was she maybe starting to?

"Jen... I..." The Thai began nervously, searching for Jennie's eyes but right at that moment Ella came skating up to them, braking with a spray of ice to their legs right next to Lisa and Jennie. "What are you guys doing?" Ella looked from one to the other. Jennie let Lisa go in an instant. Lisa's hand though stayed with Jennie, although very subtly.

"Ella get back here!" Jisoo's voice called after Jennie's daughter a lot sterner than she would usually talk to her niece. Jennie knew that Jisoo had most probably noticed what Ella had just interrupted. Her best friend always had her eyes everywhere and Jennie had indeed realized that the married couple had taken Ella away from Jennie and Lisa for the most part, distracting her.