𝒊𝒊. reid duty

CHAPTER TWO: REID DUTY !

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Ramona's morning started off ordinary once more. She decided to go into work by herself today since Ramona knew Izzie was busy off with George. She didn't approve of the matters that Izzie and George secretly seeing each other, but she did what she did best. She minded her own business. It was pointless getting into high school drama in the OR.

   And now Bailey was having the residents and their interns go over the cases that were brought in today and the day before. They walked into Room 5024 — the FBI agent's room. The man was enjoying his Jell-O and put on a tight-lipped smile as everyone walked in. "How are we doing today, Dr. Reid?" Bailey asks.

With a mouth full of Jell-O, Dr. Reid nods, "I'm pretty good. Now that I finally got some Jell-O." He said as Bailey chuckles and even Ramona found herself smiling. "It is pretty good Jell-O." The woman said.

"Dr. Greene, present." Bailey started. "Dr. Spencer Reid, twenty-seven, GSW in the left femur, vitals stable, if they remain to stable, he could be discharged by tomorrow." Everyone immediately raised their hands and began to argue. This was the protocol. Yang and Stevens would try and guess that this was more than a gunshot wound and would try to get him into surgery. After arguments and arguments, Bailey shut the yelling and arguing down immediately. "Nuh-uh, no arguing in front of the agent. This man gets the special treatment here today."

"Doctor and agent?" Yang asks.
"Like an-like an FBI agent?" Lexie Grey, the new intern inquires. "Can it, Three." Yang turns behind her and glares at her intern. The team of interns and residents began to argue once more.

"Nuh-uh, I'll have none of this arguing. Greene, you're on duty here," Bailey noticed out of the entire group, Ramona was the only one who retaliated from arguing with anybody. "The rest of you, skedaddle elsewhere."

The rest of the group left, leaving only Bailey and Ramona in the room. Ramona takes the chart from Bailey's hands. "And how are you today, Dr. Reid?" Ramona asks, clicking her pen. The man had finished his Jell-O and looked up at the woman standing next to him. "Truthfully, I, uh, didn't get much sleep."

Ramona frowns, "Oh, I'm sorry. These beds really aren't that comfortable to sleep on. Especially recovering from a gunshot wound like yours." Reid shakes his head almost immediately. "Oh, no worries. According to the CDC, more than 30% of adults and 72% of students get insufficient sleep on a regular basis." Reid explains. "What's more, 4% of Americans use prescription sleep aids, with the drug being more—"
"Commonly used among women and older adults." Ramona finishes and the two look at one another as Ramona stood in silence.

It was the second time Dr. Greene had finished off a statistic from Dr. Reid. It intrigued Spencer Reid, her knowing what she knew. And it intrigued Ramona Greene as well. Bailey takes notice and looks at the two and then backtracks to Ramona. "Uh, Dr. Greene." She starts and Ramona looks over at her attending. "Yes?"

"You got it covered from here?" She asked and Ramona looked back at the patient who gave her a tight-lipped smile and nodded. "Uh, yeah. Y-Yeah, I do." Ramona nodded, as well.

   The two women's pagers go off and Bailey speaks. "Well, scratch that, that's us." She announces to the woman and everyone rushes to the entrance. Ramona apologizes and puts the chart down and excuses herself.

This page was practically sent to everyone everywhere. A little girl in the hospital was currently having a seizure. A few weeks back, the girl had fallen off of her bike and hit the ground hard. It didn't help that the girl had suffered from a brain tumor. Ramona had been a part of the girl's case when it had happened. From the fall, she was also suffering from a brain bleed. The girl was only seven years-old.

     Normally, Bailey and Greene were never on PEDS or took over cases with children. But for this, they were making an exception and they were there the day the girl came in with her parents. The parents didn't trust anyone else looking after their child. Derek and Callie would be joining in on this surgery. Since Derek was a neurosurgeon and treating her tumor and Callie was an orthopedic and treating her broken arm and leg she got from her bike incident.

After saving her from a near death, Bailey instructed to have people on standby in case the girl seized again since she had multiple time and her brain bleed was damaging her ability to speak or talk. Bailey turned to her head resident once the girl stopped seizing. "Greene, I'd like for you to go back and check in on Dr. Reid."

"Dr. Bailey, I think he's fine. He's healing from his GSW- besides, I think you could use all the help you could get here." Bailey looked at the girl and then back at Karev and Callie, helping her out. "I got all the help I've got."
"But, Bailey—"
"Greene," Bailey interrupted. "Dr. Reid is your patient, therefore he's your responsibility. We treat FBI agents like kings and queens around here. It's your job to make sure he is taken care of. Do I make myself clear, Dr. Greene?"

There was no way that Ramona was going to argue with Miranda Bailey. She's lose that argument for sure. It'd be one of the few times she would.

"Crystal." Ramona answered.

"If we need extra hands, I will let you know. For now, you're on Reid duty."

Ramona walked away in defeat. She wanted a surgery. But for now, she was just gonna have to be on Reid duty, as planned.

pretty short but oh well🤷‍♀️bailey playing matchmaker lol -mya <3

bailey playing matchmaker lol
-mya <3