Epilogue - SomEBOdY THaT I uSeD tO kNOW

Start from the beginning

You bring Sylvie back too.

After making sure he was tucked in and warm, you're gone with the wind again.

Sylvie catches a glimpse of you before you disappear.

You were dressed in an outfit that matched your eyes.

How she wished she could tell Arthur how pretty you were.

Arthur wakes up, confused.

Apparently, his dad had carried him back inside.

"Sylvie, you're acting weird again."

"Papa."

"Yes?" He smiles at Sylvie.

Her voice is distorted again.

"Did... the owner of the ring come?"

Sylvie manages to nod.

Arthur tries the ring on for the umpteenth time

It doesn't fit on any of his fingers properly.

"Why didn't they take the ring?" Arthur plays with the ring, and he sighs.

The next month, rumors of a starry-eyed prophet flood the streets. Arthur goes to visit them, in hopes of seeing something.

It's a girl, and before he can ask anything, he wakes up from the dream.

It was real.

Arthur knows it was.

He stares at his hand. "Ah... I was holding the ring."

He starts sleeping with it in hopes of seeing the starry-eyed figure again.

A month passes.

Two.

Four.

Another year.

Two.

Five.

Arthur's well in his twenties by now.

Twenty-three to be exact. He still has no lead on the prophet.

"Tess, do you ever think that we used to be a trio with someone?"

"Trio?" She hums. "I don't think a trio, but I do think that there's a missing person in my memories. I resigned myself to them so that I wouldn't have my heart shattered. I think. I don't remember."

"So I'm the only one..." He mumbles. "I dream of a starry-eyed figure sometimes."

"OH, I do too!" Tessia claps. "They're super nice! I have tea with them every time."

"How often?" Arthur grabs her hands. "How often."

"Every week or so?"

"Please ask them if they know who I am."

"I talk about you a lot."

"Please have them visit me!" Arthur yelps. "I need to know who they are!"

Tessia raises a brow. "Sure? Do you think they're familiar or something?"

Sylvie nods.

"Hm? Sylvie knows them?"

"Mama!" She churps. "Mama!!"

Her eyes widen at the fact that she could call you that. 

"MAMA!!"

Sylvie sings. "Mama! Mama!"

"Hm?"

"Mama!" Sylvie stares at Arthur. 

"The starry-eyed person?"

"Mm!" 

You appear in Tessia's dream for tea the next day.

"Ah... um. Arthur wants to meet you." She purses her lips. "Will you?"

You stare at the girl, teacup halfway to your lips.

"Um, if you're not okay with it, it's alright too!" Tessia laughs in embarrassment. "He just... really seemed like he wanted to meet you."

"Have you heard the story of the third-oldest constellation in the sky?" You sip on the tea. "The one with the phoenix."

"Andromeda?" Tessia tilts her head. "The chained princess."

"Mm," You hum. "Yeah. I suppose that's what they called me."

"You?"

"The princess is commonly known as someone who is swooped away by their prince charming in latin mythology," You hum. "But in another version elsewhere, the princess is never freed, and in the end, she dies."

Tessia stares at you. "You're her."

"I suppose," You mumble. "The boy's name was Arthur, right?"

"He's not exactly a boy," She smiles.

"I know," You stare at your tea. "I know that well."

She can't help but think you look melancholic from the words.

Arthur meets you in his backyard four months later.

You're dressed in something similar to silk, the purple fabric hanging loosely from your body. When Arthur stares at you, he cries. He has no clue as to who you are to him, yet his heart hurts so bad, he starts crying. He hasn't cried this bad since his birth. You're in front of him. Hell, he doesn't remember who you are. All he knows is that Sylvie calls you mom, yet you're in front of him. Arthur doesn't even have the strength to run to you because of his tears.

He's scared you'll leave again, but you don't budge from your position.

His tears stop after a while, and you step up to him with a handkerchief.

"Here." 

Your voice sounds agonizingly familiar and warm to him. 

Arthur grabs your wrist instead, leaning his head onto your chest. His tears stain the fabric of your clothes, and you run your hand through his hair. 

"Let it out."

And Arthur does.

It's a pathetic sight, he thinks. There's nothing wrong with crying at a reunion, yet he looked like a child who had dropped their ice cream. Sylvie is crying too, so Arthur supposed he wasn't the only one.

"I missed you." Arthur swallows, staring at you finally. "Hell, I don't even remember your name, but the way my heart is wailing in misery from our reunion is more than enough evidence that I missed you."

You smile at him, eyes brimming with tears. "Would you like to?"

"Yes." He leans into the hand you hold up to his forehead, and something clicks. To Arthur, it's like the universe slips back into place. A missing piece in his life is returned. A name is restored onto a face. The emotions are labeled again. Arthur thinks he sounds awful thinking all of this, it's so cheesy, it's so out of character for him.

He wraps his arms around you, clinging on, holding on so that you wouldn't leave him again.

"Are you here to stay?"

"Yes."

"Really?" He mumbles. "You promise with your heart?"

"Of course," You squeeze him back. "My heart has always agreed."

And for the first time since the sun rose without you, the moon comes with you back in his arms.