Chapter II: Unsuspecting Knowledge

Start from the beginning

"I see that you both have finally awakened, hm?" The middle aged women wondered, looking at both of them with slight curiosity. Iron and Kyven look at each other, then at the women before them. "Um..yeah, uh, who may you be Ma'am?" Iron politely asked, the middle aged woman was slightly surprised, then smirked. "At least you have a bit more manners then most of the previous travelers that came here." She told them with a light chuckle.

Kyven was confused, iron just huffed."I can actually agree with you on that. Many travelers I do meet on my own travels tend to not have much manners either. Pretty sure they misgendered me a LOT now I think about it." Iron answered with an annoyed huff. Kyven and the lady both look surprised. "They misgendered you?" They both asked, looking at Iron.

Said person was confused on why they were looking at him, then remembered what he said and sighed. "Yeah, it's true. Me and my brother get misgendered a lot, my younger brother is intersex, but prefer the He/Him and They/Them pronouns. As for me? I'm the same as my Brother, although, I'm closer to being Non-binary though...or Genderfluid, who knows." Iron explained, the lady nodded in understanding, while Kyven was plain confused still.

Iron just ruffled Kyven's hair. "Don't worry too much about it okay?" He said, Kyven nodded, albeit confused still. "Okay then?" He answered with a slightly confused tone, the lady chuckles lightly. "Anyways, introductions are in order. I am Via Krytos, this village leader." The lady, Via, introduces as she lightly bow to them both.

Iron smiles softly. "I'm Iron, Iron Silver Nolan. A simple traveler." Iron answered, giving a curt bow. Via smiles. "Nice to meet you, Iron. What about you, young child? You were exceptionally brave and determined to save your caretaker here." Via commented, kneeling in front of Kyven and gently patting his head, getting a positive response.

"I'm Kyven Starflower-Steves." Kyven answered, however, after he had said his name, Via held a shocked and startled look and immediately bowed to him. "Young lord, I was unaware you had taken up a mortal form." She said with a respectful tone. Leaving both Iron and Kyven dumbfounded.

"U-um...why are you bowing to me?" Kyven nervously asked, Via realizing a bit late of her actions, stood normal and coughed a little. "Excuse my action, but do you know of your heritage?" She instead asked, Kyven shook his head. "No, I'm unaware. It's um, one of the reasons why I'm traveling. I'm looking for my mother." He softly answered, looking away.

Via and Iron look at each other, worried and concerned.

What had he meant by that?

Iron softly sighed as he managed to stand up and kneel in front of Kyven. "Kyven? Who is your mom? If you tell me...I'll tell you who is one of my ancestors okay?" He quietly asked, Kyven was hesitant, remembering that his brother and father had told him to never mention who his mother really is to anyone, but he guessed he could at least tell Iron.

He can't explain it, but he feels like he has a family-like bond with him.

A little more hesitant still, he slowly nodded a little. Ready to tell him. "My mum..she's the cursed Goddess of Reality and Dreams..." He answered quietly, almost too quietly, yet Iron was able to hear what he had said. "Your mother is her...?" He slowly asked, Kyven nodded. Hugging himself and shaking a little. He was afraid of an iron reaction.

Afraid that Iron would hate or hurt him.

Yet, he was startled from his thoughts when Iron instead hugs him. "You don't have to be afraid, we're not directly family, but we still are. One of my ancestors, who is my triple great grandmother, was the Goddess of Silk and Faith, sister to your mother." Iron softly tells him, hugging him still as he gently pat his head. "And remember this Kyven, I will NEVER hurt you. I may not have known you for long, but I care about you. Your family, your precious, you deserve the love and care. " Iron softly tells him, holding him close.