"Wow, it's actually really beautiful," Imogen said to Mo, who nodded, as she too looked around.

"We need somewhere good to sit, come on," Adrian said, and he pulled Imogen along to a table.

Mo and Victor followed and the four of them claimed a table on the left side of the room. On the table adjacent sat a group of fourth year Slytherins, including Adrian's teammate Draco and his date, and on the table to their other side was Blaise Zabini and his friends. Once they'd taken their seats, Adrian leaned over to greet them, and Blaise clapped him on the back.

"Congratulations on landing that, Pucey," Blaise said, in a voice quiet enough that his date couldn't hear. For a moment Imogen thought he was referring to some happening in a quidditch match, but the gesture in her direction made her realise it was Imogen he was talking about.

Blaise's eyes swept over her again, drinking in her body as much as he could sitting down, which confirmed her suspicion. He leaned in and whispered something in Adrian's ear which made them both laugh. Imogen's heart sank slightly, and she instantly switched from feeling confident to self conscious, wondering if she looked over the top. Adrian looked as happy as Imogen had ever seen him, as he thanked Blaise. She tried to look as if she couldn't hear them.

It came as a welcome distraction when the hall was hushed and everyone took their seats for the four champions and their dates to make their entrance. First came Fleur Delacour and Roger Davies, and then Harry Potter and a pretty fourth year whose name Imogen didn't remember. After them came Cedric Diggory (who looked so handsome Imogen was finally beginning to understand why previously uninterested girls had suddenly started attending quidditch matches when he joined the Hufflepuff team) and Cho Chang. And then Viktor Krum and a very beautiful girl Imogen assumed must have been from Beauxbatons.

Until she grew nearer, that is, when Imogen became sure it was the fourth year Gryffindor she saw so often in the library. Imogen couldn't take her eyes off of Hermione for a moment. She'd always been pretty, but tonight she looked breathtaking.

"Who is that?" Victor asked. Mo side eyed him, as his eyes followed Hermione.

"She's a mudblood," hissed Draco from beside them.

Victor averted his eyes hastily, picking up Mo's hand on the table. Mo gave a half hearted laugh as she looked at Hermione with great distaste.

Once the champions had taken their seats, and Dumbledore had said a few short words, it was time to eat at last. With a later dinner than usual, conversation stopped for a few minutes as everyone was genuinely hungry, tucking into their food. Once stomachs were slightly filled though, a discussion of the tournament was sparked.

"As annoying as Potter-gate is," Victor started, "at least it means we've got a better chance of winning-"

"You can't seriously tell me you'd be happy if Potter won the tournament for us," Adrian said, his face incredulous.

Victor smiled. "It's still a Hogwarts win. All the better if it's some mad little fourteen year old who beats Krum and the girl."

Adrian shook his head. "Well, you don't have to play quidditch against the prat," he said gruffly. "His ego couldn't get much bigger."

Mo chimed in, waving a piece of steak on her fork. "He's not going to win, anyway. He might be Dumbledore's favourite but he still knows much less than the others."

"He did alright against the dragon," Imogen said, shrugging.

"That was a fluke," Adrian stated.

"And they all did well at that. Not all the tasks will be as easy," Victor added.