4. should i stay or should i go

Start from the beginning

"It's not! And besides, no one is going to perish, idiot. It's a tournament for school kids."

Mo flicked her hair over her shoulder. "Well, a girl can dream."

Imogen rolled her eyes.

"But seriously, come on Imogen. You are watching with me. You have to, you would be insane not to, okay-"

"Fine! Fine. I'll come watch the stupid tournament."

-

As it turned out, the first task had been well worth watching. Actual fucking dragons had been unleashed on the four champions, and, much to Mo's disappointment, Harry Potter had not been eaten, or roasted. He'd actually come first, somehow.

The crowd was abuzz as they shuffled out of the arena, everyone chatting animatedly about the task's events. Mo and Imogen linked arms, making their way back up to school, when Imogen noticed Hetty Richards making her way towards her.

"Oh great," Mo muttered, "here comes Hetty Hufflepuff."

Imogen elbowed Mo in the ribs, just as Hetty reached the two girls.

"Hi, Imogen!" she said excitedly, as she gave her a hug. Hettys cheeks were pink with excitement. She turned to Mo and just gave a little wave. "Hi Mo."

Imogen was happy to see her. "Hetty, how've you been?" She'd made friends with Hetty last year, when they'd both attended Madam Pomfrey's preliminary healer training classes.

"I've been very well - although I'm full of adrenaline after watching that. There's something to spice up sixth year, eh?" she said merrily. "It's so good to see you, I feel like I haven't really gotten a chance to speak to you this year."

Imogen realised with some regret that it was probably true. "It's really good to see you too."

Hetty turned around as her friends called out to her. "Oh!" she said, as if something had dawned on her, "do you two want to come to the afterparty? I think we're celebrating in the common room."

"I've said I'll meet Victor, but thanks Hetty." Mo sounded a little bored.

"I'm not really dressed for a party." Imogen said, embarrassed. She'd just thrown on whatever to come and spectate.

"You can get changed if you like, I'll come and wait with you." Hetty offered.

"Oh, thats kind. Uhh," Imogen tried to think. Did she want to go to a Hufflepuff party? She had meant to do some work tonight. But then, it was true that it was good to see Hetty. And a few drinks with her couldn't hurt.

"Okay. Yeah I'll come." she decided.

Hetty's face lit up. "Yes!! We're going to have such a good night."

The kindly hufflepuff said a quick goodbye to her friends and then Hetty, Imogen, and Mo walked back to Slytherin house. Mo made little effort to speak to Hetty, but luckily it didn't seem to bother her, and Hetty and Imogen had more than enough to talk about. Once they got to the common room, Mo found Victor sitting with his friends and made her way over to them, leaving Imogen and Hetty to get ready for the party.