ten.

010 ⎯⎯ forever grateful

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

kinda long chapter !

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"𝐔𝐇- 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎?"
Y/N stares at the group of teenagers gathered by the front door. They seem vaguely familiar but she can't put her finger on it. That is until a green haired boy with a face full of freckles steps up to her. 

"You're okay!!" Tears are on the brims of his eyes as he clasps his hands together. "I was so worried! Especially when Hawks was kidnapping you!"

Y/N suddenly remembered the groups faces along with the fact that they sort of saved her. "If you were so worried why didn't you stop him?" She leaned down to be eye level with the boy, watching as he became a blushing and stuttering mess.

"Uh I-I I didn't-"

"Stop it Y/N." Hawks hit the girl over the back of the head, waving everybody to come inside. "Don't mind her, I'm sure she's just kidding." He smiled, Y/N glaring at him as he dragged her to the living room.

The teens sat on the couch, Y/N and Hawks sitting across from them. "So we're the ones that helped you!" The pink girl smiled, " I'm Mina, that's Midoriya, Bakugou, Denki, and Kiri!" 

Each kid waved, except for the ash blonde who just glared off to the side. 

Y/N nodded, "Yeah, thanks for that."  She mumbled, Hawks smiling cheekily.

Mina jumped up, sitting next to Y/N. "I saw the video of you signing last night! You're really good!" She gushed, the rest taking interest. Hawks pulled out his phone to check for the video, his eyes widening.

"Y/N you're at 10 million views!" 

Y/N bit her lip, nodding. "Really?" She already knew the answer.

"This is great!" Hawks smiled, grabbing the girls shoulder. "Yeah this is awesome!" Denki cheered from the other couch, Kirishima nodding in agreement. 

Midoriya smiled, Y/N blushing at the praise.

"Good luck Y/N."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N closed the door behind Mina, saying their last goodbye as she stepped out into the hall. She smiled to herself, turning to find Hawks standing behind her, a huge grin on his face. 

"Look." He held up the phone.

Y/N took the device, scanning the screen even though she already knew what it said. "You got a job offer in New York! Isn't that great!" Hawks smiled, his eyes lighting up.

Y/N nodded slightly, chewing at her lip. "Yeah.."

 "He emailed me with more details! A free apartment, spending money, and all you have t do is sing! This is great!"

Y/N nodded, clenching the phone in her hand. "But isn't New York a little... far?"

Hawks paused, his face falling as he immediately realized what was going through her head. "Y/N no no no." He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her head to his chest. 

Y/N stayed still, listening to his voice.

"Everything will be fine. We'll see each other again soon promise. Right now though.." He pulled away, holding eye contact with the girl. "We need to focus on what's best for you."

Y/N bit her lip, Hawks pulling her in for a hug one more time. 

What's best for me?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Now boarding flight 231 to New York USA"

Y/N stood from her seat, picking up her backpack with her whole life packed into it. She quickly grabbed her coffee turning to Hawks beside her.

They walked to the boarding line, Y/N jumping from foot to foot. This would be her first time every going anywhere outside of Musutafu, it was nerve wracking. 

"Hey calm down."

She turned to Hawks, the blonde reaching to fix her scarf. They were close to the front of the line now. "Stay warm over there, I her New York is freezing." Y/N nodded quickly, Hawks taking a step out of line as the person in front of them was asked for their boarding pass.

Y/N could feel her eyes glaze over as Hawks stepped out of line. The lady asked for her boarding pass, Y/N handing it to her and taking a second to turn back to the blonde. 

"You kinda saved my chicken little."

The lady handed her the boarding pass back, Hawks giving Y/N a sad smile as she took a step forward, hesitantly.

"I'll forever be grateful." She whispered, just loud enough for him to hear before turning her back and walking away.

The last thing she saw before turning was a red feather, slipping into her back pocket. A smile lit up her face as she waited to step onto the plane. 

Thank you Keigo.

↳ [Unedited]