Will He Be Okay?

He was so worried, he made himself feel nauseous. He knew it was a bad idea to wake the bard from his sleep after being so worried about him. He sighed and gently shook Venti by the arm.

"Wake up. Please." He begged a little bit, holding back the nausea he felt.

"Master Diluc...? Is something wrong?" Venti asked, a yawn slipping from his lips when he mumbled out the stuttered inquiry.

"Ah. You're awake. Don't worry about me. It's nothing more than a slight setback." he excused the nausea as something that will go away after the stressful worrying died down. He at least hoped that would be the case.

"You look a little ailed. Are you sure you're okay?" Venti asked, tilting his head, the messy braided locks moving with the cocking of his head.

"Mhm. Just a little nausea. I'm 'positive' it will go away in a little bit."

"Maybe you should eat. It would probably help you, Master Diluc."

Diluc gave a nod to the young bard, humming to distract himself.

"Do you want me to go get you something? Getting up may not be a good idea."

"I would appreciate that, Venti. Thank you."

"Mhm! No problem!" Venti giggled and slipped out his legs from the blanket. He took in a breath and stood up, going towards the door.

"Are you going to grab your cape? I don't know how cold it is outside."

"I'll be okay, Master Diluc!" He chuckled and exited the room and then went outside to go get some Sunsettias, which were on a nearby tree. Of course, Venti was a little rusty when it came to climbing trees, but that didn't bug him at all.

After a little bit, Venti skipped back inside the winery and went up to Diluc's room and the plopped back down on the bed; holding the Sunsettia out to him.

"Thank you again, bard."

"Mhm!" Venti giggled and unbraided the two braids in his hair, deciding to redo it so it wasn't as messy as it was when he woke up. He yawned a little bit and looked over to Diluc. "Do you feel better now?"

Diluc gave the bard a nod. "A bit better, yeah. Again, thank you."

"Master Diluc, you've thanked me three times. You don't need to praise me like I'm some king, y'know~" he teased, cackling up a storm.

Diluc grew nervous from being teased all of a sudden, "ex-excuse me?" he coughed a little, turning away, feeling embarrassed.

"What? Do you dislike being teased for being grateful that I'm so nice to you?" he teased yet again.

"Shut it, bard."

"Wow, you're being sassy, Master Diluc~"

"Stop."

"No~! I like being a pain."

"At least you'll admit it. You're a tolerable kind of annoying."

Venti pouted and laughed a little, a snort whistling through his nose.

"You.. have a cute laugh."

"D'awww, really? You think so? That's nice!" Venti smiled and hugged Diluc's arm a little.

"Are you hungover?"

"I plead the fifth." he stuck his tongue out at him.

Diluc rolled his eyes and let out a chuckle, "don't tell anyone we actually get along because people know we 'hate' each other."

"Yup! No worries! I'm good at keeping secrets!"

"All right," Diluc nodded slowly and moved himself away from Venti, putting the hat back onto the bard's head. "There's your hat."

"Aww!! Hahah, so... do you wanna go on an adventure?" he asked, getting up and tying on his cape, adjusting the bow to be more tight to make sure it didn't fall off when walking. He then put on his loafers and chuckled softly.

"I don't have time."

"Oh, c'mon, Master Diluc! It'll be fun to take a break from work just for one day, don't y'think?~" he giggled and gave him a wink.

('Ugh. Why are you so cute to put up with?') he blushed with that thought and then shook his head. He didn't entirely care, but he wouldn't ever say something like that aloud. "Fine. I'll let Charles work at Angel's Share tonight so that I can spend the day with you."

"Yay!" Venti hugged his arm, nuzzling into it. "I'm happy! Let's go! Let's go!" He anticipated, snatching his hand and yanking him out the door like a little kid wanting to go to the candy store.