Chapter 3: Sunrise

The blond quickens his steps, almost doing a little jogging while strolling down the hallway passing multiple cream colored doors until he finally stops in front of a particular door. He stands there quietly, his ears catching muffled chattering from the inside of the room. He ponders whether or not to just go in, or wait until they leave. Unconsciously, he bites his lower lip. He doesn't mean to intrude, but time is running out. There is just one hour left, and one hour is not enough for Mikaela.

   Just when he is considering pushing the door open, it opens itself, making Mikaela feel a tad bit baffled. He recovers just as quick, eyeing the purple haired girl in front of him. She smiles, before offering him her hand. "You don't have to always wait outside, you know. We aren't strangers, Mikaela san." Shinoa claims. Her smile is a tad bit mischievous, but still welcoming nonetheless. Exhaling softly, Mikaela takes her hand and lets the girl escort him inside the white colored room. He could have been hesitant, taking her hand when he rarely even talked to her. But she seems sincere, and he knows that he will feel guilty just ignoring the gesture when all she tries to do is be nice to him.

    Upon stepping inside, he can clearly hear the heart monitor machine beeping continuously in a pace. Just hearing it makes him feel relieved, because it assures him everything he can ask for. The beeping sound means there are beats. The beats mean his heart is pounding. The pounding means that he is there, unconscious. And yet, still alive.

   He is a little bit weirded out by the scene in front of him. Kimizuki and Mitsuba are crowding Yuuichiro's bed, while Yoichi tries to stop them from doing whatever he is doing. "You guys, please stop! Ah, Mika kun! I'm glad you came, they are-" The poor brunet is cut off when Mikaela pushes past him to peek at the unconscious Yuuichiro, though not harshly. Upon taking a look at the raven's face, Mikaela's expression turns unimpressed. He sighs before taking turns eyeing both Mitsuba and Kimizuki holding a marker in their hand. "Really?" The blond questions with no interest, while Mitsuba smiles sheepishly and Kimizuki playfully smirks.

   A pair of arm circles around his waist, making him petrify awkwardly. "Now, now Mikaela-san. Don't be mad, we are just messing around with him." Shinoa sing-songs, nuzzling her face into his back. Thankfully, Mitsuba pries the eccentric girl off him just in time before he can consider pushing her away thanks to his discomfort. "Keep your hands to yourself, Shinoa." The blonde girl scolds. Shinoa looks dumbfounded, before that mischievous smile of hers becomes visible on her lips once again. "Why keep them to myself if I can place them on you?" The lilac haired girl playfully says, raising one of her eyebrows repeatedly though her hands don't travel anywhere. Mitsuba rolls her eyes, before grabbing her by the wrist.

    "I think that's enough of your weirdness today, Shinoa. Let's go home and leave Mikaela alone with Yuu." Mitsuba states, but her claim makes Mikaela look at her weirdly. She was the one who drew a moustache on Yuuichiro's face just now. The blonde girl looks at him before winking. "Don't look at me like that, I just saved you." Mitsuba chants while Mikaela frowns at her lightly. "Uhuh. Okay." The blond says monotonously. He doesn't know what is wrong with Yuuichiro's group of friends. They are all eccentric people, except for Yoichi perhaps. Mikaela doesn't know them personally enough to judge accurately. "See you later then, Mika-kun! Don't lose track of time, visiting hours are almost over!" Yoichi shouts, being mindful of the volume of his voice because of the hospital rules. Just like that, all of them strolls outside after bidding him goodbyes. Now he is left all alone with Yuuichiro.

   Wordlessly, Mikaela creeps to the raven who's laying still on the hospital bed. He envies how positive they are, when the raven is still lying on the bed like this. Completely rigid and unmoving, like a doll without a soul, but still holds the level of beauty no word can describe. However in that moment, Yuuichiro's face is littered in silly looking doodles, one of them being the moustache and a scribble across his forehead that reads 'I'm gay'. As quietly as possible, the blond stiffles his small fit of chuckles. He then reaches for a wet wipes tissue, before scrubbing the marker ink away from the raven's skin gently. Upon finishing, he smiles, satisfied with his work. "Better." The blond quietly mutters, finding his body sitting on the edge of Yuuichiro's bed instead of the chair.