BONUS 1

"So..what do you think?" Daniella twirled in front of her phone camera so that Lando, who is current on facetime with her can have a good look at her gown for the FIA prize-giving ceremony.

"Wow! You look beautiful," he smiled, unable to take his eyes away from her. "I really wish I was there with you tonight," he slightly pouted.

"Me too babe," Daniella replied. "But what can we do..your boyfriend wanted to spend some time with you before you move out."

Max Fewtrell who was sitting near Lando awkwardly leaned and waved. "Hi Dani..you look great and I promise we won't burn the house down."

"I stopped believing in your promises a long time ago," she laughed.

"Anyway," Lando pushed Max away. "Will you be going to the event alone or.."

"Max is going to accompany me," she replied. "He has been cranky and moody these last few weeks, don't know what's got into him."

"Maybe it's because you are leaving the team," Lando replied.

"Yeah..but there is something else that he is not telling me," Daniella sighed. "has Daniel told you anything about it?"

"No, only that Max broke up with his girlfriend a couple of months ago.."

"What!?" Daniella looked shocked.

"He didn't tell you?"

"No," she shook her head. "Maybe that's why he has been so difficult to deal with."

"Today is the last day you will be dealing with him so..." Lando let out a laugh. "Anyway come home soon, okay? I really miss my champ."

"You have to stop calling me that," she smiled.

"No can't do champ."

***

"You are late," Daniella said to her teammate as soon as he opened the door. "You were supposed to be outside my room half an hour ago...what was it you said to me yesterday? If you are even five minutes late I will leave without you," she mimicked the last part

Max was speechless at first as his eyes admired Daniella. He was almost ready but his bow tie was hanging around his neck and have to put on the blazer.

"Max?"

"Umm sorry," he blinked and looked away. "Come in..I was just struggling with his stupid bow tie."

Daniella walked in and closed the door and tossed aside her purse.

"Here, let me," she stood in front of him and started tying his bow tie.

Max once again was unable to utter a word as she was standing too close. Daniella failed to notice his eyes fixated on her as his whole focus was on his tie.

"Just bear with me a few seconds, it's been a while since I have tied a bow tie," she mumbled. "There, all done," she smiled and step back.

"Umm thanks," Max nodded at her before looking at the mirror to make sure no adjustment is needed.

Daniella picked up the blazer that was lying on the bed and helped him put it on.

"Now when were you going to tell me that you and Kelly broke up?" she asked, taking Max by surprise.

"Who told you that?" he asked, and an annoyed expression flashed across his face.

"Daniel told Lando and he told me," she replied as she waited for Max's answer.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted Daniel with that, he can't keep his mouth shut," Max grumbled as he tried to avoid looking at Daniella. "And of course your boyfriend had to go and tell you."

"Don't blame Lando," Daniella pointed her index finger at him and he backed out.

"So what happened?"

"Nothing," he shrugged. "Things were just not working out."

"But you two were so in..."

"The feeling wasn't there anymore Dani," he cut her off. "I really don't want to talk about it right now and we are getting late."

"Okay," she backed off, knowing Max is annoyed. "Let's get going then."

The entire event was a little unorganized and filled with awkward moments but Daniella had fun. But she failed to notice her ex-teammate glances at her the entire time.

**********

A/N: What do you thinks is going on with Max?

Did anyone watch the FIA prize giving ceremony? I was getting second hand embarrassment while watching it. It was such a mess.

I am not sure how many bonus chapters are going to be there but I will probably also write some imagines involving Dani and some other drivers