5

“My next question is to Daniel,” the journalist said. “So far we have seen Daniella perform very well in Red Bull and this is only her first season in Formula 1…so do you think she can challenge Max or even Lewis for the championship?”

Daniella gave a nervous laugh as she look at Daniel Ricciardo, the guy she is paired with for media day.

“Aww look at her being all shy and nervous,” Daniel teased the girl making everyone in the room laugh.

Daniella turned red and tried to look away, luckily her mask covered half of her blushing face.

“But yeah…like you said she has performed very well so far and there have been times where she was ahead of Max and even Lewis. So I would say she can definitely challenge them for the championship.”

“Woah there,” Daniella interfered. “Your answer is going to get me in trouble.”

“With Red Bull?” Daniel laughed.

“With Max,” She playfully rolled her eyes. “You know how he gets when you say something like this.”

“So you have already seen him pouting and throwing tantrums huh?”

She nodded as she recalled the time Christian commented she could be a future champion and Max send the entire day pouting and trying to impress everyone around.

“Ehh I don’t care,” Daniel shrugged. “He replaced this Dani with a cuter Dani…so he can go to hell for all I care.”

The entire room laughed including Daniella. “He is going to get back at you for that, you know that right?”

“Nah he will just throw another tantrum.”

“Next question to Dani…Daniella,” the journalist corrected and said her full name to avoid any confusion. “You almost had a podium in Monaco but failed to get it because of Valterri. So what are your thoughts on that?”

Daniella almost rolled her eyes in annoyance. She had answer this same question many times since the race. Everyone is just waiting to add more fuel to the Red Bull vs Mercedes feud.

“As I have said many times before it was unfortunate that his tier punctured and he crashed into me….but it is what it is,” she shrugged. “There is nothing him or I could have done.”

*****

Instagram

Daniellamichaels: Ready to score some points

Landonorris: watch me overtake you again
---- daniellamichaels: in your dreams norris

User650: good luck dani
---- danialricciardo: thank you 😎
------ daniellamichaels: ummn she meant me
-------- user650: OMG

Pierregasly: LET’S GO
--❤️ liked by daniellamichaels

*****

“Is Max okay” Daniella asked in panic as she got out of the car. The race got red flagged after Max crashed into the barricade. 

“He is fine, the medics are checking him now. His left tier blew up,” one of the engineer explained. “Same thing happened to Stroll as well.”

Max was leading the race for so long and everyone including Daniella thought he was going to win. But Formula 1 is unpredictable, and things can change very fast.

“Race will restart in 15 minutes,” the team principal approached her. “Max is out so give your everything.”

Daniella nodded and followed Christian towards the monitors where they went over a few things.

She came back to her car when it was time for the race to restart. She was nervous but motivated and determined to win good points for team.

All cars were in their respective place and as the lights went out again they resumed racing. But to everyone’s surprise Lewis didn’t make the first turn and went straight into the barricade.

“Lewis is out Dani,” Nate informed her. “I repeat Lewis is out.”

“What happened?”

“Umm he did not make the turn…you are now leading the race Dani.”

“WHAT?”

“Don’t panic,” Nate said calmly. “Seb is right behind you so give your everything.”

“Copy.”

For the next few minutes Daniella completely concentrated on the track, make every right move. She gasped when she saw the checkered flag and crossed it.

“Dani.. you are the Azerbaijan Grand Prix winner,” Nate cheered.

“Woah!!” Dani let out a heavy breath which she was holding in for quit some time. “Fuck!!! I won”

“Good job Dani,” the team principal congratulate her. “We had a tough day but you won the race for us…well done.”

“Thanks Christian,” Dani said through the radio. “And thanks to everyone in the garage. Huge thank to Nate bro.”

“See you on the podium bro,” Nate laughed.

*****

After celebrating the podium with Sebastian Vettel and Pierre Gasly, Daniella made her way to her team and showered them with champagne. It was sad with what happened with Max but she is just won her first Formula1 race and is over the moon. She handed the champagne bottle to Nate for him to share it with the team before Myra dragged her away for some interviews.

“You know I just won my first race Myra, at least you could give me some time to soak it in.”

“Oh no” Myra glared at the race winner. “I am not giving you any time to soak it in…last time I did that you ran away to the hotel.”

***

Instagram

Daniellamichaels: Azerbaijan Grand Prix winner

Daniellamichaels: Azerbaijan Grand Prix winner. It feels like a dream. A huge thanks to the team and Nate who calmed me down in the final lap. And also congrats to Seb and Pierre as well.

Pierregasly: Congratulations Dani. So happy to share the podium with you ❤️
---- daniellamichaels: Congrats on P3 😊

User912: I just found my new lockscreen

User541: Dani to Mercedes
--❤️ liked by mercedesamgf1

Lewishamilton: You did great today Dani. Enjoy your first win.
--❤️ liked by daniellamichaels

Landonorris: okay so I will overtake you in my dreams then
---- daniellamichaels: I am pretty sure you only dream about milk and Carlos
------ landonorris: and you 😉
-------- user376: omg omg what is happening
---------- daniellamichaels: he is getting high on milk is what's happening

**********