The Usual

A little girl called Avery (11 y/o) looks out the her window every night. The reason? She loves the moon. She always says to her parents that the moon 'speaks to her'. As usual, Avery would go to her window. She would open up and stare. The moon's beautiful glow and sparkle delights this little girl. Avery thought to herself.

"What happens if the moon disappears? Turns into something else... Like a person...."

It started to be really late so Avery decided to go to bed. She can never stop thinking about the moon. About her questions. The night passes as Avery then wakes up the light of the bright sun. Avery can't stop thinking about her questions. About what will happen if it comes true. Avery goes down to the kitchen for breakfast. She hasn't spoken a word still thinking about her question. Her parents start to get worried.

"Why aren't you speaking Avery? Is everything okay?" -Avery's mom asks

Avery stops eating for a second.

"I'm okay. Just thinking..." -Avery answers

Everyone goes silent. Avery continues eating. Around 10 minutes of akward silence has passed. Avery finishes her food. She puts her plate in the sink and heads to her room. She decides to draw herself watching the moon. About 4 hours have passed and Avery finally finishes her drawing.

3 Years Have Passed. Everyday the same routine happens. Get up, eat, draw, watch moon, sleep. And Avery still can't get the questions off her mind. Until...