🔘Chapter 11

Six months later: Giyuu's POV 

I haven't seen Y/n in six months and I didn't know when I'd see her again. At the moment I couldn't think about that cause I was facing a demon and I was losing the fight. The demon was about 9 feet tall and he didn't have much intelligence, just strength and hatred for humans. I was just accepting death at this point. "Water Breathing sixth form: Whirlpool" I heard a familiar voice. I saw a woman's body twist as she cut the demon multiple times. When she landed the demon was already disappearing. I realized Y/n was standing in front of me but she had changed. She now used a sword and she changed her hairstyle. Instead of her two braids, she had half of her hair in a bun and the other half down. Her sword was light purple with a light green handle and pink details on it. She turned around and smiled at me. "It's been a while hasn't it?" She asked me. Y/n extended her hand out to me and I got up. "I like the new look" I said to her. "Thanks" she replied. I was getting exhausted and Y/n noticed. "You've been at this all night haven't you?" she asked me. "Yeah I've killed 7 demons tonight" I said to her. "Kibutsuji is giving them more blood" Y/n said. "How can you tell?" I asked her. "I've noticed lately that the demons are getting a lot stronger but some of them are losing their intellect." She explained. "That makes sense" I replied to her. "Anyways, I think we both need a break. I say we find somewhere to crash for the night" Y/n proposed. "That sounds good" I replied to her. "How are the boys?" she asked me. "They're getting better every day" I said proudly. "I'm glad to hear that" Y/n smiled. "How's the new sword?" I asked her. "Amazing, I was missing out all this time" she said happily. "Why haven't you been using a sword?" I asked Y/n. "Well, when I was first becoming a demon slayer I struggled to use a sword and everyone around me tried talking me out of becoming a demon slayer but I still did. I think I wasn't ready to use a sword that's why I struggled when I was younger" Y/n opened up to me. "No matter what weapon you use, I think you're an amazing demon slayer" I said to Y/n. We walked for a few hours and then Y/n pointed something out to me. "Giyuu look at that wisteria tree" she said. It was so beautiful, it reminded me of the one at final selection. "I think we can rest here until tomorrow morning" Y/n said. "You're right, we'll be safe from any demons" I agreed with her. I sat under the tree and tried to get comfortable but Y/n stayed standing up. "Get some rest, I'll stay up and watch over you, I'll keep you safe" Y/n said. Y/n never failed to make me feel important. We haven't seen each other in six months but she was still willing to stay up and watch over me just so I had the chance to take a break. Any man would want a girl like her. 

Y/n's POV 

I was tired but I chose to stay up so Giyuu could rest. I knew he was exhausted and he truly needed the break. I picked some flowers off the tree and made flower crowns and bracelets to pass time just so I can stay up. I tried so hard to fight my tiredness but after a while, I had to take a seat next to Giyuu. I planned on taking a small break but after a minute, my eyelids felt too heavy and I quickly fell asleep.

Shinobu's POV 

I was informed by my crow that Y/n and Giyuu were found near a tree and that I needed to get them because we had a hashira meeting coming up. I also got news about Y/n being the new Flower Hashira. I'm pretty sure she didn't know yet so I wanted it to be a surprise. When I found Y/n and Giyuu, they were sleeping under a wistera tree. Y/n was sitting up straight and tall but her eyes were closed. Her sword was right in front of her and her right hand rested on it. Giyuu used Y/n's shoulder as a pillow. How cute  I thought to myself before waking the two up. It had looked like Y/n was so determined to keep Giyuu safe even in her slumber. "Y/n, Giyuu, get up. We have to be somewhere later today" I woke the two up. Y/n squinted her eyes when she woke up. "crap...I fell asleep" Y/n swore under her breath. "You did good Y/n, you found a safe place to stay for the night and kept your comrade safe" I praised her. "I agree with her, you did a great job Y/n" Giyuu woke up. I took both of them back to the mansion and I told Giyuu to get ready for the hashira meeting. After I told him about the hashira meeting, I took Y/n to her old room and helped her get ready. "Why do I have to go too?" Y/n asked me. "I was told to bring you with me, that's all I know" I lied to her.