🔘Chapter 8

Giyuu's POV

I tried to keep my distance from Y/n and did my own thing. But I was still hurting. I loved Y/n but she probably didn't love me. As the day passed by, I started realizing that everything I did was pointless. The girl that I started falling in love with didn't give a shit about me, the hashiras all hated me, my sister and best friend both died trying to save me and I was tried of it all. I didn't think I deserved to live any longer. I planned to just go out that night when no one was around. I stood on the roof of the house and looked at the sky. It was so beautiful as the stars illuminated the sky. I inched closer to the edge and then I heard Y/n's voice. "You're really gonna leave me like this?" She asked me. The sound of her voice breaking made me turn around. Tears were running down her face like a waterfall. "Y/n...I'm sorry" I spoke. "Why, why do you wanna do this? I thought you were happy...I was happy being with you" Y/n cried. "Do what you want, just make the right choice" Y/n said before getting off the roof. I sat down on the roof and looked at the stars. Did I really stop myself because Y/n yelled at me? I asked myself. I looked up at the stars again and thought of Y/n. She was the light in my life that kept me going. I actually felt bad for trying to leave her like that. The next morning I waited for Y/n to wake up and apologized to her.

Y/n's POV

When I woke up Giyuu was sitting down, waiting for me to wake up. I gave him the silent treatment. "Y/n I'm sorry" He said to me. I raised one eyebrow. I got up to train again. "Y/n please" Giyuu grabbed onto my hand. "I won't do it again, I need you more than I think I do" Giyuu spoke. My eyes widened. "Well I guess I'm sorry too. I honestly don't know what I said that night I was talking in my sleep. I was just embarrassed because I thought I said something stupid" I explained to him. Giyuu smiled at me. "You didn't embarrass yourself, I promise" He reassured me. "Wow...I don't think I've ever seen you smile before. It's much better when you're smiling" I said to him which caused him to blush a bit. "I just remembered something, can you teach me how to use a sword?" I asked him. "Sure" he said. We walked out to the backyard and he handed me his sword and then stood behind me. I held onto the handle and he held my hands so I had a better grip. "You're right handed right?" He asked. "Yeah" I replied. "You think you can swing the sword to the left?" Giyuu asked me. "Can you help me?" I asked him. "I'm right here, so use me if you have to" Giyuu explained to me. I swung the sword and it wasn't too bad. "Okay I'm going to let go now, swing to the right now" Giyuu instructed me as he rested his chin on my head. I was a blushing mess. "Good girl, wanna try doing breathing forms now?" He asked. Oh my god did he just call me good girl I thought to myself. "Y/n?" Giyuu tried to get my attention back. "Oh sorry I spaced out for a second there" I replied to him. Giyuu took his blade from my hand and took a few steps back. "Water breathing first form: Water surface slash" Giyuu said as he swung his sword. "You think you can pull it off?" He asked me as he handed me his sword. "It looks simple" I said. Giyuu stayed by side as I tried doing the breathing form. "Water breathing first form: Water surface slash" I said as I swung the sword. My eyebrows raised when I realized I successfully did it! "You know how to do a front flip right?" Giyuu asked me. "Yeah" I replied. "I don't think you use this breathing form with your weapon so I'm just gonna explain" Giyuu said. "Try do a flip with the sword" Giyuu said. "o-okay" I spoke nervously. "I'll catch you if you fall" Giyuu promised me. I did the flip and didn't fall. "Now try with the breathing form. Water breathing second from: Water wheel" Giyuu said. I repeated the flip just with the breathing form. Again, there was success. "Okay third form: Flowing dance. Just swing your sword with a flow...literally" Giyuu explained. I took his advice and pulled off another breathing form using the sword. "Fourth form?" Giyuu asked. "Yeah" I replied. "Okay twist your body as you swing the blade" Giyuu explained. "Water breathing fourth form: Striking tide" I said as I gracefully waved the sword and twisted my body. "pretty" I spoke under my breath. The rest of the day we practiced the breathing forms. I got through all of them but I struggled with the 11th form. I was created by Giyuu himself. It involved total tranquility but one very fast move to end the demon. In our training we used bamboo plants. I had the speed for the breathing form but I didn't have the tranquility and it took me two hours the perfect the form. "Water breathing 11th form: Dead calm" My voice was calm as a wave of water formed around me. After a few seconds the water was still and I walked closer to the bamboo. I then cut in. After the bamboo was cut, the water disappeared. I looked at Giyuu and his eyebrows raised. "I did it! I finally did it!" I bursted with excitement. Giyuu just gave me a small smile but I could tell that he was proud of me. After I was done with the breathing forms, we went inside to eat dinner and then got some rest.

Giyuu's POV

When we went to bed, Y/n and I talked about previous missions that we had and other things. After a while, Y/n fell asleep in my lap. A few strands of her hair fell onto her face so I brushed them out of the way and gave her a few head pats as she rested on me. I admired her in every way but I still wanted to hear the words 'I like you' from her.