1.1 | The New Kid

Start from the beginning

"Bottles go in the blue bin," Kalon and Miguel said in unison but Johnny ignored both of them as he tossed them into the bin. "Listen, Menudo... I've lived in this shithole for as long as my daughters been alive. The pipe's don't work. The fountain's full of piss. And the only good thing about being here is I don't have to talk to anybody but my daughter," Johnny spoke towards the boy before turning to Kalon. "I'll see you after work," Johnny fist-bumped his daughter before walking away.

"Okay, well... have a nice day, I guess," Miguel spoke towards Johnny before looking to Kalon and taking notice of her pyjamas. "You're a fan of The Flash?" Miguel asked with a smile. "Hell yeah! Barry Allen is an epic hero, except for the whole Flashpoint situation but ultimately, my obsession lies with Cisco Ramon," Kalon rambled before flushing red in embarrassment. "Sorry... My friends don't really like DC or Marvel or pretty much anything... nerdy," Kalon explained.

Miguel nodded, "They aren't good friends then, are they?" Kalon looked down as she mentally agreed with him. "Ah, I just realised that I didn't introduce myself. That was my father, Johnny Lawrence and I'm the bane of his existence, Kalon Lawrence," Kalon introduced before holding out her fist for him to bump, which he did. "Nice to meet you. I didn't expect someone like you to be, uh...." Miguel trailed off as Kalon sighed.

"Nice. Yeah, I get that a lot. Most people don't understand where my kind nature comes from because it definitely wasn't either of my parents. I just kind of run with it, you know?" Kalon shrugged as the two walked towards the fountain. "I think that's really good. There aren't a lot of nice people left in the world after all," Miguel responded which made Kalon blush lightly before she cleared her throat, "Well, I gotta go get dressed for the day but I'll see you tomorrow, right? Or just, whenever... Uh, yeah..."

Miguel nodded with a wide amused smile, "See you then, Kalon. Enjoy your day." Kalon nodded before waving awkwardly and walking towards her apartment, stepping inside before closing the door behind her with a wide grin. She felt happy that she made a new friend, but she was worried his opinion may change once he sees the people she hung out with.

Kalon changed into some white denim jeans, grey ankle boots and a Guns 'n' Roses shirt before pulling on a cute beige beanie and clipping on the necklace that she holds close to her. Her phone began to ring and she quickly picked it up with a smile, "Hey Sammy!" Kalon grabbed her bag and double-checked that she had everything she needed. "Hey K, we are almost at the mall so you still coming?" Sam, Kalon's best friend, asked as she ignored Moon and Yasmine.

"Yeah, I'll meet you a Hot Topic so I can get my "grunge" on as Yas calls it," Kalon answered before the two laughed and said goodbye. Kalon called for an Uber to the mall and let out an uneasy breath. Kalon hid most of her life from her friends, more specifically where she lived as she couldn't risk the reputation that she and Sam had built for themselves with Yasmine and Moon placing them on the top of the hierarchy.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"Hi, I'm Sam. Can I sit with you?" A brunette girl asked as she stood with a lunch tray in her hand, she had an anxious expression. "Sure, you can sit with me," Kalon replied to Sam, her smile was wide as the pre-teen sat with her. "What are you reading?" Sam asked Kalon who held a comic book in her hand. "Oh, it's my favourite comic book about Scott Pilgrim," Kalon answered her with a grin. "I'm not really into comic books," Sam responded with a sheepish expression. "That's okay! You just need to find the right one," Kalon exclaimed to Sam before the two began talking about their favourite hobbies.

Sam and Kalon became close friends but after Kalon met Sam's dad, she avoided introducing her own father not that it mattered when her father was drunk most of the time; he didn't even know she left the house for sleepovers or school. Kalon spent a lot of time in the LaRusso household, it was the first time she saw a true family happy rather than the nightmare she lived. Kalon loved her father but as she always told Sam, she adored the LaRusso's and Daniel never failed to make Kalon feel welcome in the home even though he didn't know her family.