{Chapter 2} Lost Memories

Start from the beginning

“Caitlin!” I exclaimed as the girl with the chocolate brown eyes and long hair looked up at me and smiled. Her face was covered in dirt and what looked like to be dried blood, what’s happened to her. “Caitlin, you’re here!” I yelled looking at the girl I hadn’t seen 8 years!

“Yeah…” she replied tailing off as she looked at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as she smiled slightly.

“I came here to see you, I heard what happened and rushed to find you…” Caitlin said, something was different, however, it felt like she was hiding something.

“So I’ve forgotten everything that’s happened to me, these past 8 months or so?” I asked looking at Caitlin as she gave me a weary glance.

“It seems like it… I can’t tell you what happened Monkey, you have to remember yourself.” She replied as I nodded and looked at all the other people. They all seemed somewhat familiar, but I could not place a name to the face. Then my eyes landed on the boy standing next to Caitlin, strange… wasn’t he the boy that just went outside to go get my daughter?

“Aren’t you the boy that went to go get my daughter?” I asked looking at the boy, there looked to be a difference in his face. He grinned.

“Ah no, that was my twin brother, Fred. I’m George.” George said putting his hand out as he smiled at me. I shook it nervously, and then before anyone else could speak I looked to see the other boy, with the same face as George walk in with Clary. My eyes widened slightly when I saw Clary, her hair had grown out from what I remembered, and she looked much filthier with all the dirt covering her face. I immediately stood up from my bed and opened my arms for her to run into. It was nice to have someone very familiar in the room, I would never forget my daughter.

“Mommy!” she exclaimed as I smiled at my little girl.

“Hi Clary.” I said as I looked down at my little girl, she had the cutest smile alive, but she had tears swelling up in her eyes. I stood up and looked at the boy, what was his name again? “Umm.. Thank you for bringing my daughter, I guess it would be time for us to go.” I replied  as everyone in the room looked around hesitantly.

“Before you go dear, you might want to take this, to help your headache.” I heard the older woman say as I nodded and took the glass from her, it looked like some kind of juice. I shrugged, it’s not like anything worse than forgetting my memory could happen, I placed the glass to my lips and drank down the drink thirstily.

I placed it on the table and smiled as I looked around the room, but soon it started to get really dizzy, almost like everyone was spinning. “Strange…” I said lightly and soon it felt like the floor was coming to meet my face, when I felt warm arms wrap around me. I looked up to see the boy from earlier had caught me, what was his name? He was saying something to me, but all it sounded like were muffled noises.

“Mommy!” I heard Clary yell as I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down at her.