𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘉𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘴

BOLD-Interview
(She's 8 btw)
I walked in to the studio with my mom holding my hand, when I walked in I saw a bunch of cameras. I was nervous but I guess I need to get used to it now. "Hi miss Abby" I said "Hi Abby" said my mom Sabrina. " Hi ladies how are you." Miss Abby beamed
Abby favored the girl I mean you could tell a mile away. But every dance teacher would she was a dance prodigy. The moms always got mad at her for the obvious favoritism but she never cared.  "Good thank you." My mom replied. "No one else is here yet so
you guys can go to the changing room and wait."
———————————
My mom and I go into the changing room, I stretch with my mom helping me.
Ana- I'm really excited but nervous too because I don't want to disappoint miss Abby, and because I want to keep my winning streak. Sabrina- I'm sure you'll do amazing just like you do every time.

-After 5 minutes-

Soon everyone was here, not to be rude but I was the most excited when I saw Maddie, but could you blame me? I've known her since I was 4 and she's my best friend!
"Hey Maddie!" I sang, I was really excited if you couldn't tell.
"Hi Ana!" Giggled Maddie.
We were all talking and catching up before we heard Miss Abby calling us to go in.
————————————-
When we walked in I was greeted by tons of cameras making me even more nervous then before, if possible.
We all took a seat in front of Miss Abby as she started talking.
"All right girls, it's the first day for the new competition season. Ladies, you know why you're here. You are the cream of
the crop in your age group, and I have lots of ideas in store. I am going to do something that no other studio in the country does. Every single competition we are doing a new routine."
I was so nervous, and out of the corner of my eye I saw the other girls looking at their mothers, I didn't because I knew they wouldn't be able to do anything. I know  it's going to be more stressful but it's still going to be fun and challenging and I like challenges.
Ana-I think that doing this will help me improve my skills so I'm really excited.
This was one of the reasons why Abby favored the girl, she respected everyone and knew she had more authority than the mothers.
Abby quickly said "Girls don't look at your mothers. I am the coach. I am the teacher. I can make you or I can break you."
She then turned around the blackboard to reveal the pyramid.
I was delighted to see my headshot on the top of the pyramid, and I also LOVE my headshot.
Abby then said "Everybody wants to be on top, of course, but you have to work for it. Everybody wants to be front and center, I hear it all the time. Whoever is in the front and center, they can't make a mistake. They are holding that group together."
Miss Abby then points to my headshot "So at the top I have our little star Ana because she is dedicated and because of her stellar record last year. Ana are you ready to be front and center, can you handle that pressure?" She asks looking at me.
I nod and smile at her and she smiles back.
"Our first competition is going to be in Phoenix, Arizona. Ladies I chose Phoenix, Arizona because I want you to experience some of the best competition teams of the country. We are going to do two new numbers, a high energy really cute, adorable routine with Ana, Maddie, Brooke, Paige, Chloe and Nia, and also a trio with Maddie, Chloe and Paige. She points at the headshots as she's saying the routines. "Unfortunately, Mackenzie, you're too young to compete at West Coast Dance Explosion, but you're still going with us anyway. Girls, we are going to win in Phoenix, and the next competition we are going to win, and that's all gearing up for Nationals."
"So let's get to it. We are going to begin the choreography. So, moms, you can be dismissed, and, girls, let's go to Nationals and bring home the winning trophy, alright?"
We get up and stretch before she starts teaching us the choreography.
-Upstairs-
"Uh, I'm not a big fan of this new pyramid thing, because to me that's kind of more like a Bermuda Triangle than a pyramid."Christi said
"Like it's very divisive someone's at the top and someone's at the bottom, and no teacher does that in class, like you're the star pupil, and you're down here." Holly added.
"So are we surprised at who's on the top of the pyramid?"Kelly questioned.
"I would've been shocked if someone else was on top now that would've been surprising."Holly said
-Studio A-
"Girls what are you doing? Those legs are as straight as Elton John. Watch that right elbow!
Miss Abby yells corrections at everyone except Ana.
"How come, Ana is younger than some of you and is still doing better than all of you guys?"Abby yelled again.
When we were running through the routine I noticed that Maddie seemed a little pale and sick, I hope she's okay.
-Upstairs-
"What's up with Maddie?"Kelly questioned.
"She doesn't feel well, at all, like she went, like this."Melissa answered.
"If she pukes I'm not cleaning it." Melissa added.
"She looks green practically and pale."Holly said.
"She's crying."Melissa said worried.
-Studio A-
After we did the dance one more time Miss Abby said to Maddie "Maddie I know you're not feeling well but suck it up, we gotta get through this okay?"
"From the top, 5,6,7,8 and hip, hip, hip, hip"
"Sweetie w-why the tears?"
"Because my stomach started to hurt."Maddie answered.
"See that picture?" Miss Abby said as she pointed at Maddie's picture.
"That's the position you need to be in, you get to emotional, you got to worry about the win, okay? No mishaps."Abby responded
"5,6,7,8."
-Upstairs-
"Don't tell me she's dancing."Melissa said getting up
"She's like crying." Hailey said.
"I have to go check on Maddie, it looks like she going to throw up." Melissa said going down stairs.
-Maddie and Melissa-
"Go"Melissa said to Maddie bringing her to a room, while Maddie was sobbing.
"Stop crying, stop acting like this."
"My stomach hurts." Maddie said trying not to cry.
"Do you feel like you need to throw up? You looked like you were gonna throw up."Melissa questioned.
"Ok stop crying you're making it worse."
"I wanna go home."Maddie told Melissa.
"What do you mean? You never go home?"Melissa replied back surprised
"You never leave dance class" "I don't know my stomach just started to hurt, I don't know why."Maddie said trying not to start crying again.
Melissa-Maddie wasn't feeling well, her stomach hurt really bad, she was crying, I can't stand a child that's sick.
"I wanna go home."Maddie said again
"What do you mean? You never leave dance class."
Melissa-Maddie is a perfectionist In everything she does.
"You never miss dance, let's go."Melissa said.
Melissa-She got sick maybe two years ago at dance, but she's never missed a day of dance.
-Studio A-
We were in the middle of running the routine when Maddie came back looking better I hope she's okay.
Melissa-Maddie works so hard, because to go on Broadway or a tv show you need to focus on dance all the time. So we never stop.
-Competition day-
I sat on the bus with Maddie beside me, we were watching Netflix and talking about how excited we were for the competition and eating snacks before we both got tired and fell asleep.
-At the competition-
Everyone was rushing around the dressing room, making sure everything was ready before we went on stage.
My mom was doing my makeup as I just finished doing my hair, I was already in my costume and it wasn't that bad I guess. After I was ready I got off my chair and started stretching next to Maddie.
"Hey madds"I said. "Hey Ana, are you nervous? Because I am" Maddie said
"Yea kind of but I'm excited too."  "Me too"

We were backstage and there was only one more group before ours and I was pretty nervous, I mean it would be my first time dancing on tv. If I'm gonna be honest Abby's "pep talk" did not help at all.
When I was performing I felt like I was doing really good and I'm really proud of my self.
Ana-I think I did really good.
After the performance I think I did pretty good. I don't know about everyone else though because I wasn't paying that much attention to them. I really hope we get first place.

-Awards for group-
I was nervous we were now in the top five and we still haven't been called.
"Third place, with a score of 274, goes to...Party, party, party."
I was pretty disappointed I thought we did better then third.
————————————————————————————————————————————-
I was sitting in the audience next to mom watching the trio perform, it was going really well and I loved it until Chloe's headband started falling in front of her face. She still did really good but I know Miss Abby isn't going to be happy.
-Awards for trio-
I really hope they get first or else Miss Abby will be so mad at Chloe.
"At first place we have...Pin up girls! From Abby Lee Dance Company, Congratulations!"
Thank god they got first.
-At home-
"Hi daddy." I said to my dad, we were FaceTiming since he was still filming
"Hi sweetie, how are you was it fun."He asked
"Yea it was really fun."I responded yawning
"Oh sweetie, it looks like you're tired you should go to sleep."
"Okay, good night daddy."
"Good night hunny."
——————————————————————————————————————————————-
"Did you enjoy this week sweetie?"My mom asked me while she was sitting on my bed, I was about to go to sleep.
"Yea I'm really excited for next week."I responded yawning.
"Me too good night sweetie."My mom said leaving my room.
"Night" I said drifting off to sleep.

An:hi guys first chapter I hope you guys enjoyed it, and this is my first book so please don't judge and I hope you guys had a great day/night, byee!