"Just wait a little longer, Luna." Groaning again at her words, I fiddle with the punnet of tomatoes in front of me. I'm so bored and time is passing so slowly.

When I hear the front door open, my head whips up so fast I'm shocked I don't get whiplash. Spinning around in my chair, I quickly jump up and hurry through to the main entrance. I stop short when I see him standing there, bag on his shoulder and winter coat on. His eyes dart to me as soon as I come into view and his face melts into the biggest smile I think I've ever seen on him.

At the same time that I launch myself at him, he drops his bag to the ground, taking a step forward and easily catching me in his arms. Wrapping his strong arms around my waist, his face presses into the crook of my neck as he spins us around a couple times.

"You're here, you're here, you're here!" I exclaim, my arms wrapped around his shoulders. I'm clinging to him so tightly and I don't plan on ever letting him go.

His chuckle is deep and familiar and makes me melt into him even more. "Luna, Luna, Luna. I missed you, Little One." His words are a soft murmur into me and I feel so giddily happy. I've missed this. I've missed feeling so safe and at home in his arms. I can't believe I went four months without hugging him.

After a few minutes he sets me back down on my feet, despite my complaints, and I finally look up at him properly. My eyes widen. "Did you get taller?"

He laughs, "I think I did grow a couple inches, yeah. Doesn't look like you grew, though."

"Excuse you! I'm 5'3" now, thank you very much. I thought you were supposed to stop growing at eighteen!" I complain. He's always been taller than me, but I hoped that as I got older, I'd gain a few inches and the difference wouldn't be quite so big.

"Apparently not," he shrugs, "Not complaining though, helps with playing basketball."

"Are you excited for the season to start next semester?" I ask, my smile still not slipping from my face. I can't believe he's really here!

"I am, but that's not what I want to talk about, Little One. I know you have a million things ready to ramble to me about." He grins, looping an arm over my shoulder and pulling me into him. I crash into his chest, pressing my face into his coat and wrapping my arms around him. Taking in a deep breath, my senses are filled with his familiar smell. I forgot how comforting it is to just hug him.

"You're right. But first we need to have dinner. Mom and Dad have missed you lots too." I look up at him and smile before unwrapping myself from around him reluctantly.

"Come on, then," He starts heading through to the kitchen, but before I follow after him, I turn to face Zoey and Claire.

Grinning, I step forward and give them both a hug. "Hi, Claire, hi Zoey. You excited Oli's home for Christmas?"

Zoey laughs, "Absolutely. The house has been too quiet without him around."

The three of us walk through to the kitchen to find Dad looking up at Oli. That's a first. Oli was about the same height as my dad the last time I saw him and now he's standing a good few inches taller than him.

Dad turns to look at Claire and Zoey as he points up at him, "Were you guys feeding him growth hormones or something all these years?" He looks back at Oli, "Or have they started feeding you them at college?"

Oli chuckles, "I think it's just genetics, Max."

My dad rolls his eyes, "Well, it's fúcking weird." He claps his hands together then, looking at all of us, "You guys ready for dinner?"

"What are we having?" Claire walks over to look over Mom's shoulder as she tosses the salad and Zoey follows close behind her to do the same.

Dad turns his attention to me, "Can you set the table, Kiddo?"