Twenty-Three

ᴊᴜɴᴇ 2ɴᴅ, 2006
ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
—𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡—
{ᴄʜᴀɴʜᴀꜱꜱᴇɴ, ᴍɪɴɴᴇꜱᴏᴛᴀ}

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE IN THIS PREDICAMENT WITH A MAN LIKE PRINCE? Not me. This man knows how to tease me—even though we haven't gotten that far yet. Hickeys, love marks or bites, whatever you may call them; they are all over my breast after twenty minutes of him teasing and taunting with them. Our moment on the couch soon turns to it him taking me into his bedroom. But nothing happens.

Instead, the two of us sat there in silence, comfortable silence actually. I have my tank top back on and the sexual tension has died down. My head turns gently in his direction as he looks forward but then turns to me as well. The two of us begin to smile. Prince pulls me into his arms as I lay on his shoulder.

"I think I'll have to run back home before I meet up with my parents tomorrow," I told him.

"What is that?"

"The shirt I brought with me won't cover these..." I nod down the marks on my collar bone, he bites his lip nervously with a smirk. "You think it will be too hot for a turtleneck?"

He laughs, "I think so, Riah. I'm sorry for getting out of hand—we'll fix it in the morning." He cracks a smile and rubs my arm. "What time do you have to leave to turn it in?"

I thought for a moment, "I'm meeting up with my parents to talk about it then we're going together. I think about nine tomorrow morning." I shared with him as he nodded. "If I haven't mentioned it, my parents are lawyers and they happen to be my lawyers."

"That's convenient." Prince chuckled, I did the same. "Are you still nervous?" He gazes into my eyes as I look down and shake my head. "You shouldn't be. Riah, everything will be fine. Once you put it all on file and then leave Leon behind—everything will be in his hands to take care of."

"Who? Leon?" I frown.

Prince shakes his head and sighs, "No, it will be in his hands." He point up to the ceiling and I knew exactly who he was speaking of now. "Keep that in mind tomorrow but tonight you shouldn't think about it anymore."

I agree with him by nodding along. "You're right." My chin sits on his shoulder while taking a deep breath. "So what do you want to do?"

"We never finished that game."

"What game?"

"The one before we left for California. With all of the questions." Prince explains as I now understand he's speaking of twenty-one questions. "I want to finish it but with one twist."

I sat up from him and smile, "What kind of twist?"

"I'll ask you the questions." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"So you're gonna just interview me?" I laugh.

Prince sits up against the headboard and nods, "Something like that. Are you game or not?" He smirks.

I cross my legs in Indian style and lean back on my legs to get comfortable. "I'm ready wherever you are. Don't try to go easy on me either." I joke around.

"Gotcha, Now let me see..." Prince taps his cheek in thought as I sat there looking all around his room. I didn't realize take in the sight of it since we were busy doing something. "Ha-Ah...Nariah Harris, what is one accomplishment that you haven't done yet but will do in the future?"

Damn this is really like an interview.

I sat up straight for this and had to really dig deep for just one accomplishment—even though I have many of them. "I have a lot of plans and ideas that I want to accomplish but one of them is to have written a book—more like an official recipe book."