Nineteen

ᴍᴀʏ 18ᴛʜ, 2006
ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
—𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡—
{ʟᴀꜱ ᴠᴇɢᴀꜱ, ɴᴇᴠᴀᴅᴀ}

WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE LONGEST DAY IS COMING TO AN END, THANKED GOD. Prince and I didn't talk much after Jackie almost walked in on us—but our lips were very much in contact. Eventually, he had to get ready for his show and I was told that I didn't need to prepared dinner since the hotel will be doing something special for Prince and the band. Night off, Whew!

I'm finishing up my cleaning in his kitchen before heading to my room to call it a night. Courtney didn't go to tonight's show since she has a horrible headache, I made her my family remedy tea to ease the pain of headaches and migraines.

"Are you going to the after-party? I think I'll be fine for that." She says before taking a few sips from the mug.

I shrug, "Nah, I'm too sleepy to even stay up right now." I dried my hands from just washing them and then lean on the counter before yawning. Courtney chuckles lightly, "I know I'm lame."

She smiles, "You aren't. Be lucky to get your sleep, Girl." She stands up with her mug and snaps her fingers, "So how are you and P? Did he apologize yet?"

It's like she already knew...

"He did, we're cool so yeah. It's all good."Simple and straight to the point. I glance up from picking at my chipped nails, "It's a nail salon in this hotel, right? I remember seeing one when we came." I smoothly change the subject, I just hope she doesn't change it back.

"Yeah. I've gotten my nails done here before—they are pretty good but I would book an appointment if you are doing it for tomorrow." Courtney shares, she waves her hand at me. "I'll book it for you since I have some downtime and won't be going to the show. Prince has some other engagements coming up so I have to organize everything. What are you getting done? Just a manicure, or pedicure too?"

I thought for a moment and decided to go all out. "Both, please. I can't have my nails done all the time because I cook so much but my feet can look pretty." I giggle. "Regular nails, Gel Nail Pedicure. Thank you, Courtney."

"No problem, Riah." She grins and turns on her heels to leave out the kitchen. "Hope you can get some good sleep. If you need me, I'll be in my room."

"Thanks. I hope your headache goes away."

With that, I was done in his kitchen and a few security guards are still here so they can keep things secure. Once I left—I went down one floor where Prince rented out the entire floor for his crew and band. When I got in my room, I stripped out of my work clothes for a pair of shorts and put on my push-up bra for sports bra. It's honestly too damn hot for clothes, I mean it's Las Vegas and we are technically in a desert where it's always hot.

I hate hot weather. Always been the girl to love the cold—that's why I love Minnesota.

My phone is silent, I slip on my sleep eye mask to make sure everything was dark and soon I was out like a light while hugging my pillow.

Finally...Sleep. Or so I thought.

Three hours later into my slumber, I get waken up by a knock at the door. Slowly I rise from my bed to see who it was—and through the peephole, I saw one of Prince's security guards, Mark. I open the door rubbing my eyes.

"Hey, Mark."

"Hello, Nariah. Prince wants you to come to the show tonight. It's starting in an hour." He tells me.