I sit next to Sean, on the floor.

Music starts filling the room.

Jake.. he sings so beautifully. He seems so passionate about what he's doing...

" There's a silence we hold between us..And I know it's because of me.."

He's so talented...

"And you act cool with your indifference.. But I think I know you better than that!", he sings, winking at me.

I blush at that and look away for a bit.

The others are good but they don't matter. All I can see is Jake. It feels like we're both alone in the room. It looks like he's singing for me and only me.

I love him so much, I need to stop... But, just look at him.. so happy to sing! He closes his eyes as the instrumental part of the song plays. He's so perfect... I think Sean saw the way I'm looking at Jake. He's just so dreamy, I can't help it.

They finish their song. I stay there, dumbfounded. That was so.. beautiful? I'm not talking about Hailey, let alone Zander. But Jake... Luke too.. he did well. But fuck him, Jake is so perfect.

"..ew.."

Huh?

"..rew!"

What the..

"Drew!", Sean shakes me.

—"Huh- What?", I look at him.

—"Jake's talking to you.", he points at Jake who is just in front of me.

Wait.. Am I biting my lower lip..? What the-!? I immediately stop.

"Did you enjoy fantasizing about me?", he smirks.

—"Shut up, dork.", I answer, standing up.

The bell rings.

I don't care, I don't have class. Ms. Jones is sick today.

"I'll see you later guys", Sean says, heading outside.

—"Ugh.. Math...", Milly complains, exiting the music room.

—"Zander, wanna go get ice cream?", Luke asks.

—"Yeah..", he shrugs.

They both leave as well.

"Jake?", Hailey asks.

—"Yes, Hailey?"

—"Can you answer now..?", she fidgets with her fingers.

—"Uhm-"

—"Jake. Wanna go get ice cream as well?", I say.

—"Drew! Don't ruin this! You've been taking Jake away this whole morning! I need an answer!", she yells.

—"Jake.", I raise my voice.

—"Jake!", she pleads.

I can tell he's feeling uneasy.

"Hailey... Why won't you fuck off?", I sound exasperated.

—"What..!? Why don't YOU fuck off!?"

—"Jake obviously doesn't like you.", I approach her.

—"And how would YOU know, it's not like you really know Jake like I do.", the audacity.

—" I don't know him? Please, I'm the one who talks to him the most." I take a few steps back, to return to Jake's side.

—"Does it matter? You're a jerk to everyone, he obviously prefers staying with me!", she's such a bitch.

—"Guys, stop fightin-"