10th, Going On 11th

I woke up to my alarm clock beeping rapidly. Today was our final day of 10th grade. Last Language Arts class for 3 months, along with Science, Social Studies, P.E., Math. I was going to miss drama however. It was my favorite class. I am in advanced drama, and I always have fun there. I jumped out of bed and put on a (color), (color), and (color) tie-dye shirt since today was color day. I put on (f/c) leggings and my (color) shoes. I ran downstairs and sat down at the table. Akane walked  in with a light blue, pink and green tie-dye shirt on. She also had on purple pants and red shoes.  Ranma came in with her in a shirt with the color wheel on it. He wore his sash around that and his normal bottoms and shoes. I wave at them. "Hi (y/n)", they both said at the same time. "Are you two like a 'thing' now or...?" I asked. Ranma nodded. Akane smiled and sat down. "I asked yesterday", he said. "With help from someone", he added. "Who?" I asked. "Me", Ryoga said and walked in. He sat next to me.

  After eating, Akane, Ranma and I mad  our way to school. The day went by really fast and before I knew it, the day was over. I dashed back to Akane' s house and opened the sliding door. I took off my shoes and quietly went upstairs. I opened Ryoga' s door. He was at his desk with a pencil in his hand. I tiptoed over to him and hugged him from behind. "Hi (y/n)", he said. I looked I've  his shoulder at what he was doing. It looked like an application of some sort. "What's this", I asked. "Next year, I want to get back in school. I've skipped a year, but I want to get in", he said. On the paper were questions. Math ones, and Language Arts ones. He went back to what he was doing. I sighed and walked out of his room. I went downstairs and walked past Kasumi. Something caught my eye. I walked back to Kasumi. In her hands she held a flyer. "This is for people who want to participate in a Martial Arts Gymnastics Competition", she said handing it to me. It was in a month. I looked cool. By  I didn't know the first thing about martial arts. I knew a ton about gymnastics, because I did it 8 years in a row. I know who to ask for help. I ran into the dojo and found Akane and Ranma talking. "Can you both help me?" I asked. Akane nodded and I told them about the competition. Akane nodded. "I did that a while back", Ranma said. "Long story", Akane said. "We don't know a ton about that stuff", Ranma said. "I however do", someone said behind me. I whipped around and saw Ryoga leaning against the door frame. "Real slick, kid", Ranma said frowning. Ryoga made his way over to me. "How would you know?" I asked. "Cause at my old school they taught us", he said. "How Can you do that? People say that you can't lift 40 pounds", I said. Ryoga turned to Ranma and growled at him. He took a rock out of his pocket at threw it at him. Ranma screamed when it hit him. "How much do you weight?" He asked. "I dunno, 70, 73 pounds", I said. Ryoga picked me up and held me over his head without hesitation. "That prove you wrong?" He asked Ranma. "Sure", he said. Ryoga set me down.

  Kasumi called us in for dinner. I quickly ate and ran to the dojo. Ryoga came in several minutes later. He had a ribbon in his hand, battons, a hoop, a rope, and a ball. I gave him a confused look. He set everything down. Ranma walked in and laid down with his face propped up by his hand and arm. Ryoga handed me the ribbon. "You want to be graceful, yet harsh at the same time. Flow like a butterfly, sting like a bee", he said, pulling a wooden stick out of the dojo closet. He set it in front of me. I took a stance. I moved the ribbon and tripped myself. Akane had just walked in and Ranma started laughing. Akane hit him in the head.

  I could tell Ryoga stiffled a laugh. He held my wrist and waved the ribbon so it hit the stick. "Now you can try again", he said and I took a stance. I whipped the ribbon and the top of the wood stick snapped off. Akane clapped. Ryoga handed me the ball. I moved the ball with my feet and threw it at Ranma. He screamed before it hit him square in the face. Ryoga nodded. He handed me the hoop and I flung it at the wooden stick again. Once again it broke. Ryoga tossed me the battons and I flipped them and threw then to the stick. It broke. He tossed me the rope and I snapped it like a belt. I cut the rest of the wooden stick off and laid down the items. Ryoga nodded. He then smiled. "Good job", he said. He hifived me and Akane fistbumped me. "Tomorrow, we work on your in battle skills", he said and walked out. I ran up to him and hugged him. He hugged back.