Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Three]

Start from the beginning

"Very clumsy still, aren't we?" He said, showing those pearly white teeth. My heart fluttered inside of my chest. His familiar green eyes stared down at me. Emotion was filled inside of them, and it was all for me. No one has ever looked at me like that before.

A group of his popular friends walked past, giving him high fives and guy handshakes. They all took turns nodding at me, all the while flipping their "cool" hair and showing off each of their sluts on each arm. The girls ignored me, drooling over Johnny. His eyes were still trained on me though, as if I would disappear.

Someone grabbed his LA Dodgers hat and he jumped for it, laughing. He hated the Dodgers, but he still wore that old hat. I was about to walk away, rejection settling in my stomach. But he grabbed his hat and his friends started to slowly melt away. After one last annoying hand shake from one of his “friends”, he turned back towards me. His football team varsity jacket fit him perfectly.

He smiled again. I smiled back.

"Hey, Zachary. Want to come over to my place later? I got a new movie I thought you might like," He muttered, looking intensely in my eyes. I smiled again and he grinned back at me.

"Sure. But it better not be a crappy movie like last time," I said, smirking. He laughed aloud and grabbed my shoulder. He bent down to look inside of my eyes. His eyes were a blazing green. His slight tan matched his dark hair. He gave me a look.

"Of course not. I know how much you didn't like those guys kissing," He muttered, squeezing my shoulder. His fingers started to slightly rub my shoulder and my gaze lightly dropped down to his lips. They were slightly parted, and all I wanted to do was lean forward and permanently attach myself to him.

"I didn't... I don't have a problem..." I started to whisper. That's when I stopped talking, feeling eyes on me. I looked up from Johnny’s lips and across the courtyard, meeting a set of piercing blue eyes. I automatically stepped back, ruining the mood. As I stared at him across the courtyard, Collin looked away. He adjusted his backpack on one shoulder and walked away, running a hand through his messy light brown hair.

Johnny turned his head to stare at him, his hand dropping from my shoulder. Collin had been the last person in the courtyard besides us. I hadn't even realized it, but the bell had already rung and people were in their classes. Johnny straightened up and looked back down at me. He looked slightly annoyed, but not at me.

"I'll pick you up after school," He said, forcing a smile at me.

The scene melted around us again and my mind spun. Suddenly, we were on his couch. In front of us, two boys were making out on the TV screen... again. Johnny always seemed to pick the movies that challenged my preferences. He seemed calm about it; his feet even up on his coffee table. I was trying not to look at the screen. I gulped as I felt a hand on my arm. He slightly slid closer to me. I didn't look at him, knowing I would do something I regretted.

"I thought you said you wouldn't pick another of these?" I whispered. He was sitting on my right side, and his left hand slid down from my arm to rest on my right thigh. I gulped again. His free hand turned my face towards his.

"But I know you like it," He whispered, getting closer and closer to me until I had my very first kiss.

As soon as our lips touched, I was thrust into another scene. I was sitting on my bed. My gaze automatically, on their own accord, flicked to the left wall in my room. A picture was thumb tacked onto the picture board, the only picture on it. It was a picture of Johnny and I. We were both smiling into the picture, with him on the left, slightly closer to the screen.

I called the picture board my Importance Board. Everything that had ever been important to me had a picture up there. No wonder no other pictures were pinned up there. I couldn't bring myself to take down the picture. I hated it, but my hands wouldn't let me. They always refused to work when my intentions were to rip the picture to shreds.