A Nagging Feeling

Custard walked at a similar pace with the other cookies as they walked down the grandiose halls of the castle. His castle.

Normally, Custard would be jumping for joy, telling his beloved subjects about how amazing it was they finally entered his castle. But his and kept dragging itself back to his friend. Were they even a friend? Custard couldn't be sure honestly.

All the other cookies didn't seem to think so and to be honest Crepe had done something almost like betrayal. It felt like a betrayal. However, Custard just couldn't feel as if something wasn't off. It made his mind wander back to when Crepe answered his question.

They said something that didn't really make any sense to Custard because as much as he understood everything about cookies as a king should he couldn't understand how one would be unable to not do something. The wafflebots is what he had asked about back then after all the machines had been attacking him even when Strawberry Crepe had been hanging out with him and, in Custard's opinion at least, enjoying his company.

So there may be a lot of things that Custard never necessarily understood about Crepe and while he was okay not knowing everything then, now it seemed his time had gotten cut short because the cookie he considered to be his new friend had just betrayed him without a second thought. And when Custard really looked back at what happened, he came to the conclusion that throughout that entire fight, not once had Crepe even looked in his direction. Not even when addressing his cookie makeup whatever that had been.

Now, this had him thinking, see there were actually many odd things about the fight. First, his...friend had never made eye contact with him during the fight at all. Second, now that Custard was thinking about it, he was also never directly attacked and the only times he was hurt was in group attacks. Third, Crepe was not acting like themself er well no they were but also not? Custard didn't want to spend too long on that point so all he could say is there was definitely something very wrong about this.

The cookie turned to look back in the direction he came from, slowing down into a complete stop. The others didn't realize so he decided to just go on his own. He would catch up with them soon but...maybe he should just go check on Crepe first? They hadn't looked all that great after the fight, although he hadn't really gotten to see as he got ushered into the castle quickly. He could only hope the cookie was alright. Should he?

Custard groaned in frustration as he began to retrace his steps back down the tall castle hallways and towards the door. It was such an odd feeling to walk down the big halls with the echoing sound of his footsteps and it almost made it eerie in a way. Who knew that such a beautiful castle could have such an unnerving atmosphere.

Crackling sounds and buzzes of broken machines could be heard in the distance. He was getting close to the door then. His walk began to speed up to a run, he was never a very patient cookie, too much energy for anyone to handle. Upon sight of the doors, he began to slow down and stopped in front of it, placing his hand onto the handle.

Breathing deeply he prepared himself for an argument of some sort, Crepe was probably not happy with him right now, and he couldn't say he was amused either. And so when he opened the door he was prepared for a tense and aggressive conversation.

However, it seemed he had prepared for the wrong thing. He hadn't necessarily seen the aftermath of the battle, only a short glance. It was far worse than he had expected, as smoke rose from the many broken wafflebots and the small fires burned around the castle. They really destroyed a lot, didn't they?

Custard was never a fan of the destruction of things. He loved nature and how beautiful structures looked when they were built, it only upset him to see them destroyed. This was one of the worst they had left when they finished a battle, he wondered why. It was probably more the wafflebots fault actually, but he didn't want to blame it on just them.