Season 5; Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"Open it," Henry told her.

Yleana nodded then gently began tearing off the wrapping paper. Once it was completely off, she saw what the gift was: a framed picture of her and Henry when they were eight years old. They were giving each other a bone crushing hug with huge cheeky grins on their faces.

"Aweee, Hen, this is so cute!" Yleana cooed as her eyes stayed looking at the picture.

"There's one more thing," Henry said, grabbing Yleana's attention, "It's taped to the back of the picture."

Yleana turned the picture over in her hands and let out a silent gasp when she saw what was taped to the back. It was a beautiful promise ring and it was sterling silver with the words "His Crazy" engraved on it. Yleana looked over to Henry who was standing up off the bed and noticed he was wearing an identical ring to hers but with different engraved words which were "Her Weirdo."

Henry reached over and took the ring out from beneath the tape on the back of the picture in Yleana's hands then motioned for her to stand up which she did.

"This is a promise ring," Henry told Yleana as he looked her directly in her eyes, "I have a matching one. We'll wear them all the time to show that we're keeping the promises the rings hold. These promises are a promise for a future together, a promise to always love each other no matter whatever silly little argument we get into, and a promise that no matter what happens and no matter where life takes us, we will never forget each other."

"Okay," Yleana agreed in nearly a whimper, tears brimming her eyes again.

Henry smiled then gently grabbed Yleana's left hand and slid the ring onto her ring finger. He looked back into her eyes to see that they were so full of love.

Forgetting that there was a party going on downstairs and forgetting that anything else in the world existed other than them two, Henry gently pulled Yleana in by the waist and brought their lips together. He brought one hand to her jawline to bring her even closer while she let her hands tangle themselves within his hair, the sensation of the kiss simply amazing.

The door suddenly swung open, bringing the entrance of Jasper, "Hey, guys, there's a-"

He broke off once he saw the couple intertwined in each other's arms, going completely frozen for a few seconds. Yleana and Henry stared at him, the three of them waiting for someone to break the awkward silence.

"Was I interrupting something?" Jasper asked finally, tilting his head slightly.

"No, it's fi-" Yleana began but was cut off as Ray burst into the room after overhearing what Jasper had asked.

"What's going on in here?!" he questioned the three kids.

Once he noticed Yleana and Henry were so close together, he gasped as though he was offended and marched over to the two, pulling them away from each other. He pretended to wipe dust off of his shoulders and clasped his hands together, turning to look at Yleana.

"Someone is at the door and wishes to talk to you," he told her pompously.

"Oh," Yleana said awkwardly, "Okay."

She quickly walked out of the room and down the stairs to the front door, the others following behind her. She opened the door to find herself faced against a man whom she very well recognized. He was wearing a navy blue long sleeve shirt, a black vest packed with small weapons, black pants with multiple pockets, dark purple boots and gloves, and his skin was half blue and half purple with a single silver line in the center, his eyes completely black: the Dark Shifter.

"Ah, finally," the Dark Shifter said as his black lips curved into an evil smile, "I've been waiting to see you."

"Me?" Yleana laughed nervously, "Why me?"