Season 1; Chapter 11

Yleana's alarm clock went off and she scurried over to her closet where she quickly got dressed and took an extra t-shirt and sports shorts and shoved them into her backpack. She hurriedly ate her breakfast and brushed her teeth and hair then ran over to Henry's house where she didn't even knock but just walked in.

"Henry, are you ready for school?" Yleana asked so quickly her voice almost stumbled upon her words.

"No, there's still fifty-five minutes till we have to be th-" Henry began.
"Yeah, yeah, can I borrow your PE shoes?" Yleana interrupted.

"Wh-"

"Okay, thaaaanks!"

Yleana ran out the door, grabbed her bike from in between the houses, and started riding off to school.

"YLEANA!" Henry's voice shouted from out of his house.

She ignored it and continued to bike to school. When she got there, she put her bike into the bike rack and ran into the entrance hallway to find Jasper. She spotted him immediately and went over to him.

"Hey, I need you to create a distraction," Yleana notified.

"Got it," Jasper said with a thumbs up. He then turned to face all the students walking around the hallway, "HEY! EVERYBODY! THERE'S A FIGHT OUTSIDE!"

"Thanks!" Yleana said, then as every other student ran outside, she made her way to the boys locker room.

She snuck in and found Henry's locker. She looked around to make sure nobody was watching then pressed a button on her watch from work and a laser shot out of it at the lock on Henry's locker. The locker blasted open and you could plainly see his PE clothes, cologne, deodorant, sweatbands, and just what she needed, his shoes. She grabbed them, shoved the locker shut again, and turned to leave when she found herself face to face with the 8th grade PE teacher and basketball coach.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" Coach Carel asked in a stern voice.

"Oh, I- you see, I asked my friend if I could use his PE shoes for basketball tryouts because if I didn't, I would have been trying out in converse," Yleana explained hurriedly.

"Glad to see you take basketball seriously," Coach Carel said, raising an approving eyebrow, "But regardless, you were in the boy's locker room and you know you are not allowed. Detention after school."

"Wait, no, sir, today's not a good d-"

"Detention. After school. Today. And tryouts are in less than two minutes so I expect you there on time."

Coach Carel turned on his heel and left. Yleana slowly trudged out of the locker room and into the girl's one to change into clothes good for tryouts. She had a test at work today right after school and she couldn't miss it. They couldn't change the time and if she missed it, she wouldn't be able to be back up for Captain Man and Kid Danger anymore. She would have to actually be a cashier at Junk 'N' Stuff.

Because of being in such a down mood, tryouts didn't go nearly as well as she had hoped. She had been so excited and had been practicing for weeks with Henry but tryouts were horrible. She missed almost every single basket, she tripped twice while running, she double dribbled without even realizing, and she even traveled once. After tryouts were over and she had finished getting back into her normal clothes, she made her way over to the hallway where she banged her head against her locker several times.

"Woah, woah, Yleana, what are you doing?" Henry asked as he came up behind her and puller her away from her locker.

"Banging my head against my locker," Yleana said, "Duh."

"Okay but why?"

"You'll see in just a couple seconds."

"What do you mean I'll see in just a couple seconds?"

"Basketball team posted!" Coach Carel said as he pinned a paper against the notice board.

Yleana pointed over to it and Henry pulled her with him to check it. He scanned over it four times but not in any of those times did he see Yleana's name.

"What?! I think they made a mistake. You have to be on it! You're wicked good at basketball," Henry exclaimed.

"Not when I know I'm going to miss my test at work today because I got detention," Yleana said sourly, glaring at Coach Carel as he walked back into his office.

"You what?!"

"Yeah because I was in the boy's locker room getting your PE shoes. Here's them back by the way."

"Why didn't you just ask Jasper to get them?"

Yleana opened her mouth to give an excuse but not being able to think of one since she hadn't even thought of asking Jasper in the first place, she closed it again and started to walk away.

"Hey, wait," Henry said as he caught up to her and they began to walk to class together, "I'll get you out of detention. Don't worry."

"How are you going to do that?" Yleana questioned.

"Just... trust me."

With that, Henry left her side and began to make his way out of the school, leaving her to walk to homeroom by herself.

"When do I ever trust you?" Yleana called over her shoulder.

Henry shook his head and laughed slightly then disappeared from view around the corner of the hallway.