Season 1; Chapter 13

"I'm gonna fail!" Henry complained.

"You're not gonna fail," Yleana sighed in annoyance.

"You're right," Henry said, clasping his hands together, "I'm gonna fail miserably!"

Yleana rolled her eyes and slammed the text book on her lap closed.

"I need a break," she said as she got up off the couch.

She and Henry had been studying with Jasper and Charlotte for four hours straight because their end of the year school tests were coming up. Jasper had gone home two hours earlier, not wanting to study anymore and Charlotte had earbuds in and was studying by herself which Yleana was so jealous of because Henry was hard to study with.

"No, c'mon Yleana, if we don't study all night long then we'll fail," Henry said.

Yleana looked at him as though waiting for him to say something bad about failing. He stared for a moment, the same nervously scared expression on his face until he shrugged and also got up off the couch.

"It's nearly midnight," Yleana notified as she sat down at Henry's kitchen table where her cold pizza was sitting. She stared down at it with no expression then picked it up and tossed it into the trash can, seeing as it was extremely hard, too hard to bite into.

"Well, I'm going home," Charlotte said, picking up her text books and notebooks, "See you guys tomorrow."

Charlotte walked out of the house and Henry trudged over to the fridge where it looked like he was gonna grab something from inside of it but he just let his forehead fall against it with a thud as he let out a loud groan.

"Henry, you'll be fine," Yleana said, "We're stopping studying, we've studied enough."

"We're gonna fail," Henry said for the third time in a sing song voice.

"I'm gonna smack you," Yleana said in the same sing song voice.

"I'm going to bed."

"I'm going home."

Henry ran his hands through his hair as he walked upstairs to his room. Yleana picked up her textbooks and notebooks and yawned as she walked over to the front door. She opened the door and came face to face with a man wearing a navy blue long sleeve shirt, a black vest packed with small weapons, black pants with multiple pockets, and dark purple boots and gloves. The most unusual thing about him was that his skin was half blue and half purple and had a single silver line in the center and he had black eyes that looked as though there were holes in his face. Yleana noticed he was holding a large laser gun and quickly shut the door. She locked it behind her and rushed up to Henry's room where he had just been getting into bed.

"Henry!" Yleana whispered as loud as she could without taking her voice out of a whisper.

"What?!" Henry asked as he stood up from falling on the floor when Yleana had ran in.

"Maybe it's just, I don't know, instinct, but I think there's a bad guy at your front door," Yleana said, "But maybe I could be wrong. Maybe he's just dropping off a package. You know, tall, purple and blue man with a laser gun just here to drop off a package of cookies."

"What?! A bad guy?!" Henry asked, quickly grabbing his gum from behind a picture and swinging the bedroom door open then running down the stairs.

"Or the mailman!" Yleana said as she followed Henry downstairs.

Henry stopped abruptly at the turn of the stairs and peered down just in time to see the man crash the front door down then walk into the living room and look around. Henry turned to look at Yleana, a panicked expression taking over his face. He shoved a gum piece into his mouth and transformed into his Kid Danger outfit.