2

A/N A bonus chapter because it's Christmas. Happy Holidays everyone! Updates will still be Fridays though.💃🏻

Deku's POV
When I got up, I quickly cleaned my face and got ready for the mission. Bakugo was already up but he wasn't looking at me, his body posture was all wrong, his shoulders were slumped and his eyes were trained on the ground, odd.

I quickly put our things away and once everything was accounted for, we took down the tent and stashed everything away before we took off into the snow. For this mission our clothes were winter camo to try and help us actually catch the villains.

We found their base and we set up our first site and once the cameras were recording I got comfortable. We could get lucky and get what evidence we needed before noon but more likely we would be here all day. Luckily we needed to be in two different locations so once this one was set up Bakugo left to set up across from me.

Even in the snow's glare I watched him make his way and as he set up his own site, once I was reasonably sure that he had it under control I picked up my binoculars again and went back to watching the villains.

***

It did take most of the day but once we got the green light to move we went in fighting. We managed to get everyone I think because we even managed to get several that weren't on camera. Our backup arrived just in time to help escort everyone to the police station and Bakugo and I were once again surrounded by people.

"Midobro! That was insane! You came in like you were shot from a cannon!" Kirishima cheered with Kaminari and Ashido, they had apparently watched through binoculars while they were being driven up.

"Awe don't mention it," I chuckled, still a little frazzled by the praise. "Besides Bakugo did well too, if not for that explosion at the last second several would have gotten away." I ignored the silence that followed my words, they noticed. Of course they noticed. Who wouldn't?

I saw Todoroki standing by one of the patrol cars and called out to him before running over, excusing myself as I did.

"Did I just hear Midoriya call Bakugo… Bakugo?" I heard Kaminari ask confused but I just kept running over to my friend and now well out of earshot.

"What's wrong, Midoriya? You were right next to Bakugo and he looked calm for once," Todoroki asked and Iida came up and lectured us about using our real names instead of our hero names.

"We are on duty, you should both know better by now," he ended by saying and we apologized, he was right. We've been heroes for a few years now. We should know better.

"So how about we get Shinso, Uraraka and Tsu and go out tonight? It's been a long time and we need to get together and catch up," I offered smiling, I really hope they say yes.

“I don't know, it will be kind of odd to be with Uraraka and Tsu considering they are dating. It always feels like we are crashing their date," Todoroki sighed and I saw him staring over at Kirishima.

"Why don't you both bring a date then? I would like to meet them if I don't already know them and it would be a nice way to hang out?" I looked hopefully at Iida who started blushing before finally nodding in agreement. I messaged Shinso considering it was an off day for him and he agreed.

"Great! It's settled then, the usual place at the usual time?" We all agreed and I saw Todoroki make his way over to Kiri who was still talking to Kami, Ashido and Bakugo but now Sero had joined them. I smiled at my friends before making my way back to the camp I stayed at last night and packed it up to leave.

My heart hurts, it feels like there is a hole where it used to be but considering I'm pretty sure Bakugo ripped it out of me last night I probably shouldn't be surprised. Still… Actually saying his last name instead of the nickname I grew up calling him? It hurt so much more than I expected. But do I really have a choice? I mean really?

***

We were all drinking, we had rented out a private room so that when we had too much to drink it wouldn't disturb anyone else, which is the only reason Iida drinks at all, and it's so great when he does. Right now he was wearing hair clips in his hair, thanks to Uraraka and Tsu and was trying to walk on his hands, failing quite badly.

His date turned out to be Mei who was loving drunk Iida about as much as the rest of us. We laughed so much even Kiri and Kami relaxed when they saw how relaxed we were, I think this is the first time they have been with all of us during one of our night outs. It is really weird being the only one dateless but it's not like I can help that, at least not at the moment. Any other time we go out Iida was the designated driver, tonight though we had a car service set up to pick us each up and take us home. But we still had a while before then.

"Iidabro you are killing it!" Kiri laughed when Iida managed to get Mei to agree to a kiss… His speech pattern is so weird when he is drunk though.

"May I ask you for this favor?" He slurred and I choked on my beer while laughing. Mei of course agreed and the 'favor' turned into a make out session I didn't really care to witness but they were lost to the world now. I'm glad they are happy, and not just Mei and Iida either. All of my good friends have someone special and I can't help being happy for them.

Tsu and Uraraka left saying it was getting late and so did Mei and Iida but I don't think they are going to their own homes, at least not alone. So that just left me with Shinso and Kami as well as Todoroki and Kiri. I ordered another beer.

"I think you've had enough Midoriya, you've easily had twice as many as I have," Todoroki canceled my order and I was cut off. I frown at the water I was given instead.

"Iida didn't cut me off," I grumbled and he rolled his eyes.

"Iida is a lightweight, he only had three beers," he stated and both Kiri and Kami started roaring with laughter, having not realized before just how few he had.

"I'm not a light weight though!" I whined and snapped my mouth shut at the sound.

"Which is why I waited to cut you off until now," he shook his head as if he should have known better and all I could do was pout, I finished my water and was brought another one. We spent another hour or two chatting and having a good time before Kiri and Kami started getting quiet.

"So what has you drinking like a fish tonight?" Shinso asked, taking a sip of his own beer and getting both Kiri and Kami's attention.

"Just felt like hanging out, that's all." I tried to shrug it off but both Todoroki and Shinso know me far too well for that.

"Spit it out or it's just going to eat you alive," Todoroki glared at me, in fact both of them were glaring and both Kiri and Kami we're barely keeping their eyes open at this point, so I guess it's safe enough.

"Bakugo told me he loved me," I groaned, finally giving in. I started playing with my straw and I could see their curious faces while both Kiri and Kami seemed to be snoozing.

"Bakugo?" Shinso asked, confused. "Since when have you ever called him that?"

"Since it felt like my heart shattered into a million pieces, I've only ever told you two about my crush." I let a few tears fall and I told them about what happened last night. Shinso and Todoroki both whistled when I was done.

"Damn, that delivery was terrible." Shinso was looking at me with wide shocked eyes.

"I mean I knew he had the emotional intelligence of a four year old but damn. That was bad," Todoroki agreed and I put my head on the table after finishing the now empty third glass of water.

"I'm just so angry," I cried. At first I was trying to wipe my tears away but I quickly gave up. "Do you think I overreacted?" I was sobbing now and it just really hurts, all of it.