And of Things that will Bite

Comenzar desde el principio

"Focus on the droids!" Anakin shouted, "Obi-Wan will deal with the dragon!"

Ahsoka frowned, looking up at the two dragons.

"How strong are your instincts as a dragon?" Rex asked, shooting the droids that tried to sneak upon them.

"Strong," Ahsoka muttered.

"Strong enough that General Kenobi might assist the dragon instead of us?" Rex asked, kicking the droid reaching for his legs across the floor.

"I don't think we have to worry about that," Ahsoka answered, "that gold dragon is wanting to kill the clankers."

Rex looked over at Ahsoka, "what–" Before Rex could finish, the gold dragon suddenly shot down, landing in the middle of the droids, scattering them everywhere.

"Don't shoot!" Anakin shouted, "we don't want to hit the gold dragon!"

-----

Sen'tra looked around at the carnage the blur had caused. All the clankers were melted and sliced apart.

"There's no sign of the Commander," one of the newer members of the squad stated, flying back up from where he went to have a look for the Commander's body.

"We need to focus on what that thing was and whether it was a threat," the squad leader said.

-----

With the help of the angered gold dragon, the battle quickly came to a close.

They watched General Kenobi approach the dragon; the two stared silently at each other until the gold dragon released a warbling noise and began to grow smaller. They watch it suddenly grow smaller, disappearing into a weak-looking Commander Cody that General Kenobi grabbed and held close.

"What the kriff?!"

Cody looked over at Rex, the man's words echoing through the silence. He wanted to move, remove his helmet at least; however, he felt his energy quickly draining from him. He just managed to shift his head to look over at his vod'ika clearly before he slipped into unconsciousness.

Obi-Wan shifted, picking Cody up into a princess hold when he felt the vod go completely slack as he lost consciousness.

Wrap quickly hurried over, "is he okay?"

"Exhausted from transformation," Obi-Wan explained, "the first time I transformed back to human, I was unconscious for over a rotation."

Wrap nodded, making sure the man's armour was still picking up the readings before moving off to check on the other casualties with Kix.

-----

Anakin slowly entered the private medical room, ensuring the door closed behind him before walking towards the bed. He could see that Obi-Wan was leaning forwards, observing the unconscious Cody. "How is he doing?" He asked, seeing the various sensors and the IV.

Obi-Wan didn't turn to look at Anakin, only continuing to monitor Cody, "he's doing well. They're monitoring his recovery as well as trying to assist his recovery." Obi-Wan briefly turned to glance at Anakin over his shoulder, "have you warned Padmé that something like this might happen to her?"

Anakin swore to himself as Obi-Wan turned to look at Cody again, "no, I hadn't thought of that."

"I think you should warn her," Obi-Wan sighed, "you're due a chat anyway."

"Yeah, you're right, I'll tell her," Anakin nodded, turning to leave, "how long have you known?"

Obi-Wan chuckled, shaking his head with a smirk, "we all knew; I'm just glad she makes you happy."