Chapter 26 - Yuheng

Start from the beginning

Paimon gasped. "No... wait... Maybe this was Ningguang's plan all along! She pretended to invite us to the Jade Chamber but set up a Millelith ambush here to arrest us!" 

"I'm quite sure that's not the case." Aether disagreed. 

"Grr... Now Paimon's mad!" Paimon yelled. You and Aether exchanged a look. "You! Over there! This is a trick, isn't it? How shameless!"

"Paimon-" You tried. 

"What? We're just on guard duty. What do you mean, 'shameless?" The guard said, confused. 

"What nonsense! Seize these suspicious intruders at once!" 

"Look what you've done, Paimon." You scowled, summoning your sword. 

"Well, here they come - line 'em up and knock 'em down!" Paimon exclaimed. 

You felt that 'divine lunar energy' rising, and you quickly held it down. Bending your knees slightly, you teleported behind them, turning in midair and hitting the guards with the flat of your blade, knocking them forward so Aether could finish them. You dropped down, turning to one that thrust their polearm at you. You twisted to the side, the blade stabbing the air right in front of you. You changed your grip on your sword and hit the Millelith with butt of it. (not BUTT- just like the flat part of the grip) You kicked him in the ankle and Aether rushed forward to take care of him. 

This went on for a minute, until you heard a voice. "Stop! What's all this about?"

"Lady Keqing, these two strange people suddenly appeared. They seem to have designs on the Guizhong Ballista." Huaqing said. 

Your eyes widened slightly at the purple-haired lady. You remember pulling for her on the Standard Banner - and getting her. 

"Who're you calling 'strange'?" Paimon huffed. 

"Paimon, you're a tiny person and floating..." You mumbled. 

"We were just looking for the way to the Jade Chamber," Aether explained. 

"Hmm? You want to go to the Jade Chamber? Who are you?" Keqing asked. 

"We're invited guests, here to look for the Liyue Qixing! Who are you?" Paimon fired back. 

Keqing's eyes widened slightly, then she nodded. "Well, as it happens, I am one of the Liyue Qixing."

"Huh?"

"I'm Keqing, the Yuheng of the Qixing. I know of you, Travelers. You're Ningguang's guests, yes? Didn't expect to meet you here in the mountains."

"Wow... Paimon didn't think we'd meet some super-rich big shot out here in the middle of nowhere, either." 

"The Guizhong Ballista in Tianheng Pass has long been here in disrepair, and yet it was fixed in a single night. I came here to investigate that occurence. These Millelith are just here to guard the scene, not to arrest anyone." 

"So, this was all a misunderstanding? Paimon never would've thought..." 

Keqing glanced behind once more to note that the guard had left, before turning to you and bowing a bit. "An honor to be in your presence, Divine God of Cynthis." 

You sweat-dropped. "Ah- what now? And um... please don't bow..." 

Keqing stood up, eyes twinkling. "I've seen paintings of the Cynthis Archon, the Former Messenger of Celestia." 

You nodded a bit, still confused. 

Keqing cleared her throat. "Anyway, for a mortal to be able to repair an adepti mechanism is quite the mystery, even to the Qixing - assuming you weren't there, Lunaria?" 

You shook your head. "Uh, please just call me y/n." 

"Hehe... that was..." Paimon trailed off as Aether shot her a look.

"Oh right. So, Lady Yuheng, might you have any idea why Lady Tianquan invited us to the Jade Chamber?" 

 "Just call me Keqing. I'd say that Ningguang's purpose to request that the savior of Mondstadt take a more neutral stance... or at least, to not wholly side with the adepti." Keqing stated. 

"We're not taking sides. We spoke with the adepti. They want to protect Liyue as well..." Paimon insisted. 

"When you say 'protect', you're referring to their sanctimonious arrogance, aren't you?" 

You closed your eyes to suppress your anger at that. 

"Huh?" 

"You are mortals, and thus under their protection. There was no way they would have regarded you as someone with the ability to assassinate a god. And Miss Y/n is friends with Rex Lapis, so they would immediately pass her off. Naturally, they would also regard Ningguang's locking down the area, questioning the citizenry, and pursuit of the assassin to be pointless work. Perhaps they even wonder if there might be a cover-up." 

"I'll say it like it is: they're underestimating us." 

.

.

.

i decided to basically skip to the part where they arrive at the pavilion

that'll be in next chapter

keqing is so badass i love her <3

k bye loves ur amazing