chapter 23 : awake

Start from the beginning

Your Loki has scars on his arms too ...

He touches your face with the tips of his fingers softly , smiles and tell you beautiful you are , then leans to kiss you but you pull away from him ...

- I'm gonna use the bathroom .
You say looking at him and smiling before you walk away ...

You stood by the sink , opened the water and washed your face ...
- focus .
You say to yourself looking at your reflection ...
- you can do this .
You whisper to yourself before you take a step back .

You take out a small bottle , read what was written on it before you put it back in your bra and went outside after fixing your clothes , you didn't want him to suspect anything ...

- baby , are you okay ?
He asks the moment he sees you walking towards him ...
Your face was a little pale and you looked a little uncomfortable ...
- I'm fine , I'm just ... I wasn't getting good night sleep lately .
You answer him heading to the kitchen ...
You offered to make some tea and he welcomed the idea with a gentle smile ...

You stand by the stove , watching the water boiling , hearing the teapot loudly whistle like an alarm siren , like it's warning from something bad that is about to happen ...
You listen to Loki playing in his guitar in the living room , singing a song , a song that's too familiar to you ... a song your Loki used to sing to you ...

" Some day , when I'm awfully low ...
When the world is cold .
I will feel a glow just thinking of you ...
And the way you look tonight .
You're lovely , with your smile so warm ...
And your cheeks so soft .
There is nothing for me but to love you ...
And the way you look tonight .
With each word your tenderness grows ...
Tearing my fears apart .
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose ...
Touches my foolish heart .
Yes you're lovely , never , ever change ...
Keep that breathless charm .
Won't you please arrange it?
'Cause I love you .
Just the way you look tonight ... "
You remember your Loki and smile in pain , even at that moment and after all you've seen , after all that Loki showed you , told you ... even after that , you still have doubt ...
- Loki .
You call his name turning off the stove , he stops singing and answered you ...
- you never told me , what your brother's name was ?
- why you care to know ?
He asked , you told him it was only curiosity ...
He went silent for a moment before he went slowly playing on his guitar again ...
- Thor ... his name was Thor .
A tear fell down your cheek while you were emptying the small bottle in his cup of tea ...
" make sure you put all of it " Loki's voice in your head reminds you ...
You wipe your tears and hold the cups with shaky hands ...
- here .
You say handing him the cup with a smile , he looks at you smiling before he put the guitar down and takes the cup ...
You set next yo him , at the edge of your seat , watching him laughing and talking , waiting for him to drink it ...

- are you okay ?
- huh ?
You say as he sit staring at you , he said he noticed you were off a little , that you barely spoke a word and seemed lost the whole time ...
Why isn't he drinking his tea ? could he might knew what you were up to ? but that can't be , because if he did you wouldn't be still there ...
- I'm fine , I'm just tired .
You say taking a sip of your tea looking him from the top of your cup .

- you want to take a nap ? my arms are ready .
He says laughing and opening his arms for you .
- I'm not sleepy , but thanks for the offer .
- okay .
- you should drink your tea before it gets cold .
You say looking at his cup on the table .
- oh yeah !
Loki said before he picked it up and took few sips of it , you watched him with sadness in your eyes , you knew what was going to happen , what you were going to do and it looked terrifying , ugly and completely feeling like it's something wrong ...
He drank almost all of it , talked to you about his previous shoot and how the company seemed pale without you there to light it up ...
He was sweet , he seemed sweet , his smile was so ... happy , he looked happy , you watch his details , trying to memorize them , in case this went sideways ...
- I love you , you're the best thing that happened to me .
He says holding your hand , kissing it ...