Lesson 35: Never Regret Pranking The Playboy

Start from the beginning

Alice: Haha yeah. But if Joe didn't break my heart, you guys would have never talked! Then you'd be with that jerk, Danni.

Me: Derek.

Alice: Oh. Sorry hehe.

Me: Wateva. So, what about you and Maria?

Alice: Ugh, don't talk to me about that cow. I can't believe I was ever friends with her!

Me: Me either.

Alice: She's pretty angry at you, ya know. Stealing 'her man' and all.

Me: Yeah. I wish there was someway I could get her off my back.

Alice: Shrug.

Me: Hey, I know!

Alice: How? Don't do anything stupid...

Me: I won't! Ttyl xx

I kept my phone away when I heard the front door opening and my mum come inside with Hugo.

"Hey mum, can we go next door?" I asked her quickly. She looked at me confused.

"Uh, sure? Chloe, go get your shoes and jumper, it's chilly outside." My mum ordered, and Chloe did as told.

Soon we were outside their house, knocking on the front door. Sarah opened it and beamed at us.

"Hello there! What can I do for you guys?" She asked.

"Could Chloe play with John?" My mum asked, and Sarah smiled again.

"Why not? Come in!" Sarah said, and Chloe giggled, running into the house.

"Oh, Amber! Long time no see!" She giggled, and I smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah. Uh, is Joe in?" I asked, and she smirked.

"Yeah. He's up in his room. But leave the door open! I have a six and seven year old in the house." She said, and I groaned while my mum laughed.

I walked inside their house, taking off my shoes and went upstairs. I knocked on the door I thought was Joe's room.

"Yeah?" I heard him call out, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. Focus, Amber. Just ask him.

"It's Amber, can I come in?" I asked, and I heard a loud bang, like someone fell down. Then I heard lots of cluttering, and Joe finally answered.

"Yeah, sure. Come in." He said, and I opened the door. I looked around. The walls were painted dark blue, and there were band posters instead of those typical posters of half-naked woman.

"Uh, hey. What are you doing here?" He asked, and I felt a pang in my chest. Did he not want me to be here? He saw the look on my face and quickly said:

"Not that I don't want you to be here, I'm just wondering." He corrected, and I nodded, feeling better.

"Okay, I have a huge favor to ask, it's kind of weird though." I explained, and he nodded.

"I want you to drive me to Maria's house."

"What?!"

"No, it's not what you think!" I quickly said.

"Explain, please." He gestured to a seat so I sat down.

"Listen, I want to make things up with Maria. I don't want to have to deal with her forever, so I want to try and... Fix whatever problem we have." I explained.

"I would have asked someone else, but I want you to be there." I added softly. I swear I saw his cheeks turn a bit pink.

Aww.