Akashi Seijuro

Title: Coincidences

You were on a plane, on your way back to Japan. You had attended middle school in Japan but had to leave before your third year because of your accident, for the past two years you've been recovering in England.
The Generation of Miracles weren't well known in England so you had no way to check up on them since your phone had broken in the accident to.

Your parents had decided that you should attend Rakuzan high as it was well known and close to your old home. You were dreading it, wondering if you'd ever see your friends again, wondering if they were well...
Once the plane had landed, you and your parents got a taxi back home. It was...nostalgic so you told your parents you were going out and took a look around the neighbourhood.
Not much had changed...
Accept you of course, you were once a star basketball player, better than Akashi himself. However now you were stuck in your damned wheelchair.
You didn't need it all the time, only when your legs were really weak and you could still play basketball even better than before but only for short periods of time.
You took yourself back home and got ready for your first day at Rakuzan high.

Next day (i'm lazy leave me alone)

Your parents insisted that you took your wheelchair today 'just in case' they had said and you complied, knowing it was easier for everyone if you listened.
You were in class 1-B, you knew you could probably been in class 1-A however it had been so long since you've studied in Japan your parents decided that you should take it easy.

'I'm Y/n, nice to meet you, i went to Teiko middle school but had to move to England. I hope we can be good friends' you say, introducing yourself.
You wheel yourself over to your place and swiftly place yourself into the seat then moved your wheelchair so that it wasn't in the way.
'Wait you can move without it?' The boy next to you asked.
'When people use wheelchairs it doesn't necessarily mean that they can't walk or move without it, some of the time it's just extra help' you reply.
During lunch you went to find the basketball coach and applied to be a manager, you were surprised that they didn't have one and was accepted immediately.
You went through the rest of your day excited to meet this basketball team, hoping that they were as good as everyone said.

Oh little does y/n know

You make your way to the gym and wave to the coach, when he sees you he blows his whistle and calls the team over.
'This is Y/n, she's your new manager and i hope you will treat her with respect'
He then turns to you, 'Our captain in in the first year like you and he will be a bit late today since he has something to attend to'
You nod and begin watching their practice, you analyze their play and quite quickly you figure out their attack patterns. You turn to your bag pulling out your crutch so you can get a better look, only the coach watches you as you inspect them thoroughly.
'Their attack methods are easily read but their efficient so i see how you've gotten by with them' you say, this annoyed the coach as no one had ever called their attacks 'easy to read'.
'Well our captain is what makes the team extraordinary, i doubt anyone can surpass him...well we've only been beaten once.'

You grin at him and turn back to the team.
'You, what's your name?' You ask, watching one player perform an insane crossover
'Kotaro Hayama'
'What's your position?' You were slightly intrigued by his play.
'I'm a small forward, my specialty is dribbling' he adds and you nod watching him do his crossover again, your eyes following every move.
You turn back to the coach.
'That's a cool trick you got there but what happens if someone is faster than him? Or if someone catches up to him?' You ask
'That won't happen' the coach snaps while Kotaro sweatdrops.
You sigh then lay down your crutch, you test your legs a little before walking out onto the court.
'Can you do that crossover again?' You ask and Kortaro nods, ready to show off.
He slams the ball down with enough force to break the floor however your eyes were quick as you watched it move towards his other hand, with lightning speed you grab the ball then use the momentum to shoot a three pointer.
You turn back to the coach.
'You were saying?' Of course he didn't reply and you trudge back over and sit yourself now in your wheelchair, leaving everyone stunned.
'I apologize for being late' a familiar voice says.
You freeze, there is no way...
'Akashi. This is our new manager' the coach says through gritted teeth and you snort.
'Oh come on, just be happy that I'm on your team' you argue back.
You turn back to Akashi who wears a surprised look on his face.
You get up and sweep your leg back before sinking into a dramatic bow, 'Aka-sama, it's good to see you again' you say in a jokey tone.
'Y/n...' He sounded confused and you looked up at him.
'Your alive?' He asks
You weren't sure whether to burst out laughing or to leave there and then.
'Um yeah? Oh come on you know i didn't die, you were the one that saved me' you say with a grin still confused.
'They held a funeral for you at Teiko'
That pushed you over the edge, you begin laughing so hard you had to sit back down.
'They...they what?' You wheeze out, once Akashi was sure that you were real and not a trick of his imagination he pulled you into a hug.
'I missed you' he mumbled
'Guys...we're witnessing history, this is the first and last time Sei-chan will ever be nice' Kortaro announces earning snickers from the entire team.
'How about a one on one?' You ask and he smirks.

'Your on' he says.

Of course you win, the only one who can beat you in you :)
Tally ho
<3