Chapter Twelve

In Sage's eyes, it felt like time stopped. It was as if the bullet that was heading straight towards Jett was in slow-motion and the gun shooting was louder than anything she ever heard in her life.

Sage's breathing stopped when she looked down at Jett's now lifeless body. The bullet Hench shot had landed a direct shot to Jett's head. When Sage's scream filled the room, everyone froze at the sound of it.

Sage instantly pushed Jett's head onto her lap and hastily pressed a healing orb to the back of her head. Something wasn't working, it was as if the healing to Jett was completely ineffective. Tears dripped onto Sage's face, how many times was she going to fail to bring Jett back to her.

"She lived a good life-" Hench started but instantly closed his mouth when he heard Sage.

Sage glared at him with fury in his eyes, "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! You- You killed-"

She couldn't get the sentence out because when she tried to finish it, her hand covered her mouth in disgust. The reality of the situation was beginning to sink in.

Jett was dead.

~~

Reyna watched Hench in disgust as she walked over to his frail body. Once he noticed that she was coming over, he growled and attempted to move away. Though, the limbs in his body were too weak from the core in his hand being blown off.

"I-It's over! I won! You gain nothing from killing me..your precious Jett is gone!" He yelled but it was muffled when he felt the end of a gun crash against his jaw. The cold metal burned against his jaw as he cried out.

Reyna raised her foot and kicked the side of Hench's head as if he was nothing but a soccer ball. She continuously kicked him to the floor, stopping when she felt a hand at her shoulder. Raze could tell Reyna was angry and that she was hurting.

"He deserves this" Reyna hissed, staring at Hench's face which was beaten to a pulp. His face was covered in thick red blood and bruises.

Hench was beginning to accept his death, knowing that he was going to see Jett soon. He couldn't hope for his death any faster as his face curled into a smile.

He closed his eyes and coughed up the last ounce of blood. The last thing he remembered was seeing Jett's lifeless body after the final kick to his face sent him unconscious.

~~

Sage continued clenching her chest as she could feel the bile taste of vomit rising up her throat. She managed to gently push Jett off of her to throw up all the disgusting remains in her stomach.

As the guttural noises from Sage echoed and bounced off the walls of the room, Raze walked over to them slowly. Raze dropped to her knees and rolled Jett over so that she was facing upward. Her heart seized in her chest when she saw the look on her face.

It was a look of content.

It was as if she was ready to die..and accept anything that happened to her tonight. Her face was relaxed and all the remanents of suffering were washed away.

"Do you...think she wanted this?" Raze mumbled.

Sage stared at Raze with disgust and clenched her fists, "No! Jett wouldn't want this! You saw what happened, she- she was shot by that nasty man. She didn't ask to die!"

"But...she looks so peaceful"

The loud pounding of footsteps became audible as Cypher approached the women who huddled around Jett's lifeless body.

"Hey, everyone. I think we have a clear exit to leave now, is everyone okay-" Cypher began but instantly zipped his mouth when he saw Jett's body.

Cypher's eyes widened and opened his mouth but it felt dry. Nothing came out as he looked at the lifeless body. Instead of speaking, he slowly approached the surrounding circle and kneeled to observe Jett.