[031] ━━ stop using humor as a coping mechanism

Start from the beginning

cousin seo-jun
We will visit you after school

You cannot say no.

ji-uglybitch
stay healthy and safe yuri <3

luv u!!

yuri
thanks sexies i knew u both cared sm abt me <3

ji-uglybitch
I Take Everything Back.

IT was dark in Yuri's room as she lay in her bed, scrolling through TikTok

IT was dark in Yuri's room as she lay in her bed, scrolling through TikTok. There was everything and nothing on her mind. She was thinking of Jungwon, she was thinking of her biological mother, she was thinking of school, she was thinking of Sunghoon, she was thinking of ice skating — Yuri was thinking of everything and nothing at the same time. The nothingness filled up her mind like ink spilled in a backpack, you're unaware of the spillage, but it's there, waiting for you to find it.

       TikTok wasn't helping Yuri keep her mind of Jungwon. Curse Yuri for being on K-Pop TikTok. Why did she think it was a good idea to make her way onto K-Pop TikTok? Now every second TikTok was of ENHYPEN. Groaning, Yuri turns off her phone and slides it beneath her pillow, she really didn't want to deal with another TikTok praising Jungwon when all she wants to do is tear his apart like he did with hers.

       Yuri's door opens and her step-mom, Kim Yeiji, enters the room, closing the door gently behind her. "I thought you were at work," Yuri says quietly.

       "I'm on my lunch break," Yeiji responds, "do you mind?" Yeiji gestures to the bed and Yuri slides over, making room for her step-mom to slide beneath the covers as well. Yeiji brushes Yuri's hair away from her face and kisses her forehead, "well, you have no fever."

      Yuri scoffs, "of course I don't — I have a headache, they're two different things, mom."

      Yeiji sighs and Yuri frowns, "you don't like me calling you mom?" (Yuri doesn't think she'll be able to take another heartbreak).

      Yeiji chuckles, "no, no," she reassures the girl, "I've been dreaming of you calling me 'mom' ever since your father married me!"

       "Well, why did you respond like that?" Yuri asks.

       "Are you calling me mom because you want to, or are you calling me mom just to prove something to your real mom and father?"

       Yuri snorts, "what would I have to prove to them? I have nothing to prove to them."

      "You want to prove that what you said last night was true — that I'm more of a mother to you than Hye-Bin will ever be," Yeiji states firmly, removing her hand from Yuri's face. "I don't think you believe that, sweetheart, I think you're still holding onto the hope that Hye-Bin comes back to you."