C119 - Being Honest

Zhou Ji had thought that Xiong Ye would ask about his strength, but unexpectedly, Xiong Ye had actually started off by asking about this.

If it had been before, he would be able to lie to Xiong Ye and say that they couldn’t be separated for a lifetime after becoming mates, but now…

“Why did you think of asking this?” Zhou Ji asked.

“One-Eyed Wolf said that on the Beastman Continent, people who become mates can still separate.” Xiong Ye said, “Is what she said true?”

Zhou Ji’s first reaction when he heard this was to think that Xiong Ye wanted to separate from him, but he soon realized that it wasn’t likely–Xiong Ye liked him so much!

Moreover, although Xiong Ye appeared to be standing straight with his head up and chest puffed up, his expression… Xiong Ye was obviously a little uneasy and uncomfortable.

Zhou Ji embraced Xiong Ye and rubbed his head before giving him a kiss, “What she said is true.”

As soon as his voice fell, Zhou Ji could feel Xiong Ye’s body stiffen.

At this moment, Xiong Ye was in a terrible state.

Although One-Eyed Wolf’s words had been full of confidence, he had hoped that it was false and hadn’t expected it to really be true.

Zhou Ji was the Beast God’s messenger. He must have known about this matter long ago. Since that was the case, had he never planned to be together with him for a lifetime when they had become a mated pair?

If it had been the past, Xiong Ye wouldn’t have been worried about this. He was the strongest person in the tribe, and he hadn’t felt that he was lacking even though Zhou Ji was the Beast God’s messenger. But now…

“But I won’t separate from you.” Zhou Ji continued quickly.

Xiong Ye was currently feeling horrible, but he was given a pleasant surprise when he heard this, “Really?”

“Really.” Zhou Ji kissed him again, “I really like you.”

There had still been some confusion in Xiong Ye’s heart before, but now that Zhou Ji had said this, he was immediately in a good mood. Yet now that things were like this… Xiong Ye asked, “You… can you make an oath to the Beast God?”

Zhou Ji: “……” The Beast God didn’t even exist!

However, if he told Xiong Ye that the Beast God didn’t exist at this point in time, it would become a big problem, and he might not be able to explain it away…

Even the slightest hesitation on his part would make Xiong Ye sad.

Zhou Ji immediately said, “I swear to the Beast God that I will never be separated from you.”

“I also swear to the Beast God that I will never separate from you!” Xiong Ye quickly followed suit and his mood improving immediately!

After this incident was resolved, he immediately felt much more relaxed, to the point where he felt that he had been a little too petty before.

Zhou Ji was so protective of him. He was clearly so powerful, yet he was willing to be with him. It definitely meant that Zhou Ji liked him very much, so he hadn’t needed to be worried at all.