C76 - Hot Pot

Zhu Zhan had been given medicinal herbs that would weaken him. making it so that he was unable to support himself or walk even short distances. So naturally, this meant that he and his men had no way to leave.

Xiong He was warm and hospitable as he invited them to stay and even arranged a separate cave for them to all live in.

This cave had just been excavated recently and wasn’t very big. It only had barely enough space for all of them to live in, but it was already a vast improvement over asking them to stay in the collective cave.

After they had been settled in, Xiong He and Xiong Ye continued to deal with the Barosaurus.

It was such a big Barosaurus and had so much meat… Just thinking about it made people happy!

Xiong He led people to cut the Barosaurus into pieces, then brought the entire dinosaur back to the tribe, leaving nothing behind. Even the bones were brought back.

Although they had recently obtained a lot of meat, they were still unaccustomed to wasting food.

Besides, these bones could be used for many things… A single one of these bones was already big enough to serve as a bench!

Of course, even before using it to make furniture, they would first scoop the bone marrow out; it couldn’t be wasted.

Bone marrow was truly delicious!

As for the Barosaurus meat… Because the Barosaurus had been poisoned, all the meat was first brought to the river and washed before being taken back to the tribe. They would boil it later to ensure that all the poison was removed.

As night fell, many fires were set up in the tribe, and several large pots were placed on the fire.

Today was another day where everyone could eat meat freely and fill their stomachs as they liked.

Zhou Ji yawned. When he arrived down in the valley, he saw Xiong Ye holding a sharp piece of stone and knocking it against a bone. It was obvious that he was trying to get the bone marrow out from inside the bone.

Zhou Ji thought about it and went over to find the priest, “I have a pretty good way of eating meat… Do you want to try it?”

The priest’s eyes lit up, “What method?”

Zhou Ji had always been able to make a variety of appetizing food. Now that Zhou Ji had spoken, he began to drool even as he felt his chrysanthemum tighten in phantom pain.

Chili peppers were delicious, but they also hurt his chrysanthemum!

However, he didn’t care!

“I’m talking about something called hot pot.” Zhou Ji said. “Have someone bring over an empty pot.”

The priest didn’t even hesitate before sending someone to empty out the largest pot they had.

This pot had been chiseled out not long ago back when the tribe hadn’t had enough prey to hunt and hadn’t gone out hunting. The priest had asked them to make it out of a large stone, so it was very big!

The man who was suspected of being Zhou Ji’s father had smashed one of their pots before, so they had to make a new one to replace it.