Chapter 1

It was a normal day at Rydel High and I was sitting with the Pink Ladies with the T-Birds at the table next to us. As Marty was talking about how her glasses made her look smarter my phone began to ring so I answered.

"Hello?" "You should have made the deal." I then hear a gunshot as the phone hung up and I got up feeling the color drain from my face. I take off running as fast as I can and hear running footsteps following me.

I slide down the wall covering my face with my hands. "Lizzie what happened?" I hear Frenchie asked concerned as I removed my hands from my face and see the Pink Ladies and the T-Birds.

"This is all my fault. I should've made the fucking deal and saved everyone instead of not doing anything." I said my voice breaking as I rushed to pull out my phone.

"C'mon Emily pick up the phone." As soon as Emily answers she says "hello?" "Emily, this is Lizzie I was wondering if you could go to my uncle's apartment to check on him. I know you're probably really busy and I would do it myself but since I'm at school I don't know if I can get there in time." "Yeah it's no problem I was about to anyways. He hasn't came into work today." "Okay thank you and let me know how he's doing." "Okay I will. I'll talk to you later." "Okay bye." I then hung up still shaken up.

I stood up and ran to the nearest women's bathroom before throwing up. I rinse my mouth out with faucet water and walk out only to be bombarded with questions.

"Are you okay?" "Lizzie what's wrong?" "Who do I need to kill?" "What happened?"

"Guys I'm fine." I say before walking off trying to calm myself down. I don't want them getting involved with Foyet because if he found out about them and how much they meant to me he would use it against me. It's bad enough he's after my uncle, aunt, cousin, and my parents.

But then again. Things never seem to go as planned no matter how much you try to prevent them from happening.