Chapter Fourty Four

Start from the beginning

"Christian, I love you so much."

I couldn't believe he remembered such a minor detail like that. Especially considering how long ago we had that conversation. He insisted I waited for him to get out of the car to open my door for me. Usually, I tried to get out before he had the chance to which was always met by him rolling his eyes. This day, I let him have his moment.

He made his way to the man at the entrance and after several minutes, we were pointed to a specific zone on the track.

"So what's the plan? Do you know how to do this?" I asked, feeling cocky already.

"I don't think you fully comprehend my life. I'm a police officer in training and have spent the past year working on crime scenes. These things tend to involve people getting away. If you don't think I can drive a car then you've got another thing coming." He said, matching my competitiveness.

"Then maybe we can just become a dream team," I said.

When we made it to our zone, an instructor talked us through the rules and somehow Landon had talked his way into making sure we wouldn't have anyone with us in the cars. It was definitely suspicious and made me question the legitimacy but it was definitely a pro for the date.

Either he has some sort of connection of he's offered a hefty bribe. Knowing him, it could be either.

"Meet you at the finish line." Landon quickly pecked my cheek and rushed over to his designated vehicle, aiming for his head start.

...

An hour later, we had come to a conclusion that I was far more superior. His skills required him to follow laws and having to chase something, when he was in the front it was like he didn't know what to do with himself. I was constantly at an advantage and it didn't take too long for him to accept defeat. Whilst he claimed it was him flattering me, we both knew that was a lie so his ego wouldn't be hurt.

After the rush that I hadn't realised I missed so much was over, we were back on the road driving across the city again.

"I can't believe we just did that?" I smiled, looking over at him. It was never something I did with other people, it was amazing to be able to share it with Landon now. "I wish we had something like that in Northlyn Hills."

"I'll bring you back whenever you want to. The rest of this day isn't nearly as lively as that, but it's going to be the greatest day." He sounded very confident in himself.

Leaning my hand over, I scratched the back of his head just how he liked it. "It's already the best. I'd be perfectly happy going back to yours."

"The day isn't nearly over yet."

Landon spent a lot of time in Toronto, therefore he knew the ins and outs of the place. From what I understood, his parents still lived there and he still came back every now and then. This was where he spent the holidays away from me.

He made reservations for us to have dinner later on and in the meantime, he took me to all of the important places. From his high school to the places he used to play lacrosse, it was like I was experiencing his stories first hand. He talked about childhood friends and what he and his sister would do or where they would go when they were younger. I thought I knew him well before, this was a whole other level of trust.

I swore to myself that soon, I would take him to Vancouver and do the same thing for him in return.

When the time eventually came, we arrived at a restaurant that despite being very small, seemed very fancy. They had the velvet ropes in front of the windows and lanterns hung all across the ceiling. The interior was very rustic, filled with dark wooden tables and little candles dotted around.